Partitions won't be found at setup and random freezes

2 posts in this topic

Hello,

first - yes this is my first thread and I searched the forum for some solutions for my problem, but I didn't find any.

Secondly, some details:

Iam using Kalyway 10.5.1 on the following system:

CPU: Q6600 at 2,4GHZ

Board: MSI P6N SLI V2

Graphic card: Nvidia GeForce 8800GT

My two hard disks are SATA

And here is my problem:

At first, the DVD begins to boot but randomly in the setup the display gets darker and a popup shows up which says: Please restart your computer in several languages.

It randomly happens, sometimes at the very beginning when the setup is loading, sometimes when I go in the disk utility or something like that.

But sometimes this error doesn't occure, so here is my actual problem :blink:

As said, I have two SATA hard disks. One is my system disk with Windows XP and several other partitions, and the other is a 1TB hard disk with just one partition, 700GB are still unpartitioned.

When I go into the disk utility it scans my disks and finds my first disk, everything is fine and it shows me my partitions. But my second disk on which I want to install MacOS seems to be empty in this tool, it doesn't show my partition. I just can format the whole disk. I tried to make a FAT32 partition in Windows but this one isn't found either.

I don't find any tool to make a HFS+ partition in Windows or with a Live CD.

I hope someone of you knows anything to help me, I really don't want to format my second disk since I don't have any space to save 300GB :D

Oh and just one question... I installed Ubuntu and have this neat bootloader GRUB now, I know there are a lot of threads about this, but I just want to know... Do I have to do anything else beside make the MacOS partition MBR and not GUID?

And sorry for my bad English :P

Thanks to everyone who tries to help me, any help is welcome!