HP dv1000 10.4.11 install (Sleep/Powerpoint/New Update)

Blegas78

3 posts in this topic

I have a HP Pavilion dv1000 (dv1610us) and installed the JaS 10.4.6 with almost everything working except the audio. I didn't spend too much time figuring it out because I wanted to get 10.4.11 or leopard going before I wasted too much time. The important thing is that the sleep function worked beautifully.

Then I downloaded the XxX 10.4.11 installation disk and after tinkering around with it, got everything working except the sleep function and running slideshows in powerpoint. I know that the version of powerpoint is the PPC version, and I'm not too worried about that because I will update to office 2008, and I'm guessing viewing slideshows will work in this edition(Please correct me if I'm wrong :) ).

I did try searching the forums but have not found any definite answers, so I have a few questions that would be great if someone could answer them.

1) Does anyone have a good method for fixing the sleep function on a machine using SSE2, or does someone know what to look for in any kext files to find a solution?

2) Are the sleep function and the powerpoint problem related?

3) Apple came out with updates for tiger the same time as the 10.5.4 release, should I be ok installing the security update and airport update? (I assume that the safari 3.1.2 and quicktime update should be fine)

I am new to the forum, so I will try to provide all the information you need, but please let me know if I'm leaving something out. Thanks everyone!

dv1610us Drivers: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar...41858&lang=

Conexant AC-Link

Celeron 1.6GHz (SSE2)

Intel 915 GM

1.25Gb of RAM (256Mb+1Gb)

80Gb HD

Broadcom WIFI

(Anything more?)

I have a HP Pavilion dv1000 (dv1610us) and installed the JaS 10.4.6 with almost everything working except the audio. I didn't spend too much time figuring it out because I wanted to get 10.4.11 or leopard going before I wasted too much time. The important thing is that the sleep function worked beautifully.

Then I downloaded the XxX 10.4.11 installation disk and after tinkering around with it, got everything working except the sleep function and running slideshows in powerpoint. I know that the version of powerpoint is the PPC version, and I'm not too worried about that because I will update to office 2008, and I'm guessing viewing slideshows will work in this edition(Please correct me if I'm wrong :) ).

I did try searching the forums but have not found any definite answers, so I have a few questions that would be great if someone could answer them.

1) Does anyone have a good method for fixing the sleep function on a machine using SSE2, or does someone know what to look for in any kext files to find a solution?

2) Are the sleep function and the powerpoint problem related?

3) Apple came out with updates for tiger the same time as the 10.5.4 release, should I be ok installing the security update and airport update? (I assume that the safari 3.1.2 and quicktime update should be fine)

I am new to the forum, so I will try to provide all the information you need, but please let me know if I'm leaving something out. Thanks everyone!

dv1610us Drivers: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar...41858&lang=

Conexant AC-Link

Celeron 1.6GHz (SSE2)

Intel 915 GM

1.25Gb of RAM (256Mb+1Gb)

80Gb HD

Broadcom WIFI

(Anything more?)

what options did you select during installation with the 10.4.11? Do you have full video or vesa?

• 2 weeks later...

When I installed it I looked up all of the hardware that I had on the hp website, then chose them in the XxX install disc. I selected the SSE2 setup. I have video with the paperclip/dongle hack and it works great. the only problems I've had were the ones that I described above.

If you need a more specific list I might be able to give it if that helps.