Please help me in choosing web hosting

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I am sorry for possible offtopic, but I need your help in find new web hosting provider as soon as possible, because my current host (bluehost.com) is kicking me off, they say 'your account is using a lot server resources', but my website gets only about 200 visitors per day and my disk usage is 1500 MB (maybe they do not like that?)

Anyway, what would be your recommendations for getting reliable web hosting? Where are you hosting your websites? Are you happy with your providers?

I am now checking http://www.hosting24.com/ - offer looks very nice, but is it real that they can provide unlimited disk space?

I have contacted them about this question and they say something that "These days 500GB disk drive costs only $30 per month, so if some day we will run out of disk space we will simply add new 500GB disk drive with almost zero costs and you can continue uploading without any problems".

What do you think about it? Maybe things have changed in last 4 years? With my current provider I get only 2GB of disk space for $10 per month..

Any ideas and suggestions are much appreciated.

Well, if you are looking at paid hosting, there are a million opportunities out there. Perhaps you should check out 110mb.com, it may have what you are looking for.

Speaking of Webhosting, I need one too. I was using freehosia.com, but they don't support crontab, which would make my life a lot easier. Oh, and ~PCwiz, neither does 110mb, I already asked them.

They may in the feature though, but until then... :PSo, what I need is a host which supports/gives me all of the following.

Disk Space for files (doesn't have to be big, 100mb is fine for now)

A MySQL databasePHP support (other languages can work, but def PHP)

cromtab (for scheduling tasks)

Forum support (either the ability for me to install my own, or installation scripts)

Blog support (wordpress works great).

Now, preferablly, I would like all this to be FREE, until I want to invest some money into the Site. So, a subdomain works fine. Anyone have any suggestions for me?

Well, for paid hosting, I would recommend Unlimited Net Hosting, or EPEC hosting, which will open for business soon. I know the founders of these companies, and they are very flexible in options and prices.

For free hosting, I would reccomend FreeUNH which has unlimited space, and bandwidth for free. MySQL and email services are available on request. File hosting and illegal content are strictly prohibited, and may result in immediate termination of your account.