NVidia GeForce 6800 GT GLH

MPX

6 posts in this topic

Thing is I was never able to get Quartz to work...

So, I went for the Manual install method and entered my device ID string as (Thru pledit) 0x10de0045

Which is correct as far as I can tell..I did this on all three files

I even got my NVCAP string set straight in the kexts I´ve used

Even the IOPROBE was set to 0...Now

I´ve tried both Natit and NVInject but my system profiler says that NO KEXT´S are loaded EVEN though it IS identified correctly

I´ve also set the right permissions, deleted the cache and rebooted several times

After searching the web for "Manual Kext Loading" I managed to load the NVinject kext manually which it did.....successfully

But even though it´s loaded the System profiler (Under graphics) STILL says no KEXTS are loaded

But if I go to see the Kexts that ARE loaded it says it is

If I try to load it again...it says it´s already loaded

What gives?

This is SOOOOO confusing my head outAnybody got any tips?Sorry for my bad english ;)

Edit:I´m using JaS release Version 10.4.8 upgraded to 10.4.9 then to 10.4.11

The 6800 GT GLH is AGP and NOT pci even thou it states it is

This is what System Profiler says

Display:

Type: Display

Bus: PCI

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0045

Revision ID: 0x00a1

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Not Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

So...I´m a noob and all (waves to the rest)Anybody..know of anything I could do?

So I restored my

NVDAResman.kext

&

NVDANV40Hal.kext

&

Natit.kext

Now everything is like it used to be...

Still no Quartz or anything though..

nVidia GeForce 6800 GT:

Chipset Model: nVidia GeForce 6800 GT

Type: Display

Bus: PCI

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Revision ID: 0x00a1

Displays:

Display:

DELL 1905FP:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Not Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Your dev and ven ids are written backwards.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversi...php/t36764.html

<key>IONameMatch</key> <key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key> <key>IOPCIMatch</key>

<string>pci8086,27d8</string> <string>0x27d88086</string> <string>0x808627d8</string>

In this example, the vendor id is "8086" and the device id is "27d8". Chances are when you look at the Info.plist, your vendor id will match one that is already there. Use that as your clue as to the arrangement of the vendor and device id's. Otherwise, use the Linux PCI ID Repository explained above to help determine which is a vendor id and which is a device id. Then place your values in the same pattern.

This is what you entered: 0x10de0045.

This is what you should have entered:

0x004510de

It's just backwards. But you should also install agp gart. The only way I could get that to work on this card was with 1.2.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...rt=#entry730652

Says that they were able to get it to work with AGP Gart 1.2 and nvinstaller vanilla 4.1 (I was trying with Leopard but only AGP gart worked).

So far I'm going by the HCL for my 6800 gt OC. Reading the 6800 OC that says: 'Working with NVInject 0.1.3.' Which is on LEO4ALL V3.

BTW I'm using Kalyway because of sleepykernal and SATA support.

No luck so far but I'm not where that computer is so I'll keep you informed as I have the same hardware IDs.

Remember to backup your extensions folder so when you have to reinstall you just copy it back and repair the permissions. Good luck.

[EDIT] You also need to find your agp bus id and enter it into the PCI family kext file. This is where I determined the actual arrangement of dev and ven, since in the following link, the device identifier ends with 8086 just like the one above in the example. It raises the question of whether or not it really matters, but I've seen this card end with the dev more often than not. These numbers in the examples however, won't mean anything and are just variables for x of the numbers you need to plugin. I got mine from Windows XP by following the directions of the first link. And since my AGP gart worked with the numbers I plugged into IOPCIFAMIlY.KEXT I am assuming that the order I have given you is the correct one.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversi...php/t10115.html

This will allow you to get AGP gart to work as you find the AGP bus id and enter it in replacing the PCI bridge id. Do this before installing AGPgart.

agpgart1.2.pkg.zip