To you "Bad Axe 2" owners

michrech

2 posts in this topic

I have a "Bad Axe 2" board, as you might have guessed. A couple weeks ago, I started seeing some strange behavior.

I had a XFX 8600GT in the machine and, on a predictable interval, my monitor would display "NO SIGNAL", however, I'd still have video on my monitor. After roughly a minute, the screen would blank for about 10 seconds, then come back. Rinse, lather, repeat.

I figured, "{censored} - video card is crapping out on me -- better replace it before it fully dies", so I bought a EVGA 9800GTX. Everything seemed great for the last week (or so), however, today, I started experiencing the *SAME* issue. I find it highly unlikely I'd be having the *exact* issue with two different cards, from two different manufacturers.

For those wondering, I have a 500W Thermaltake power supply (with modular cabling -- yes, it has two specific cables it came with for hooking up to the newer video card, and yes, I'm using them. :thumbsup_anim: )

Has this happened to any of you? What did you end up having to do to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

never seen this problem with my badaxe2. i ran an 8600GT for a while, but found that i'd get total UI freezes when using coverflow in iTunes.

i switched to an ATI 2600 HD... no problems with UI freezes, though after the 10.5.3 update somehow my CPU temperatures are 10-20C higher...