2 posts in this topic

my comp:

Motherboard: ASUS P5N32-E SLI

PNY 8800GTS 320MB

2GB SLI RAM

500 GB SATA HD

1 DVD ROM (IDE)

1 DVD ROM (SATA)

1. First of ALL, I have easily installed iAtkos 10.5.2 on my ASUS U5F laptop. It works fine but have to have the DVD in the DVD ROM to boot. Otherwise, blackscreen.

2. I tried to use the same DVD to install OSx86 on my deaktop. '/com.apple.boot.plist' not found " Problem happened to me. Also another comp.

3. I realized iAtkos wouldn't be a choice for me, then I downloaded Leo4all V3.... burned it.. tried it... If I didn't type anything in the prompt, it wouldn't boot.

I tried different codes like -f ...-v.....-x etc.

It usually freezed at :

(something like this:)

SCT 2008; made by TOH: xnu-1228/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386

4. FINALLY. " cpus=1 -v" worked!!!!!! then I got into the installation. BUT before I did that I already found out that I COULD ONLY GET IT WORK IF I TYPE THAT CODE.

5. ALRIGHT.. AFTER INSTALLATION... it asked you to reboot right? yeah I clicked that and it rebooted.

BUUTTT.. the problem was ... after reboot.. you know how the "boot up from dvd" screen appeared again as always. this time, since I already got my system INSTALLED, I didn't press anything, so it went through that and a bunch of white codes appeared (like it's loading the system) but again it freezed at the same problem:

SCT 2008; made by TOH: xnu-1228/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386

the RELEASE_I386 thing....

OF course I had to skip the " DVD asking if you want to boot from dvd screen " So that I could get into my INSTALLED Mac OS X!!

IF AFTER INSTALLATION, I STILL PRESSED ENTER AT THE "asking to boot from dvd" screen, I would just keep installing the same thing.. I would NEVER get into one of my INSTALLED Mac OS X

please help !!!

how to fix the RELEASE_I386 problem??

I can bet the "-v ... -f ...platform .... etc thingys " wouldn't work.. because after installation I HAVE TO skip the prompt screen.

I need to know what causes the problem and I really really really really really want to fix it.

A patch that 100% FIX this WOULD BE GREAT!!!

PLease Help..

also.. I want to know what's the best way to get all the drivers for my laptop ASUS U5F. I need all the drivers. Didn't have anything so far

Thanks!!

2. I tried to use the same DVD to install OSx86 on my deaktop. '/com.apple.boot.plist' not found " Problem happened to me. Also another comp.

You need to have DVD connected using SATA(Serial Ata - Red Cable, Black Tip)

While HardDrive(Drive where OSX will be installed) is also in SATA too and if your DVD is connected in IDE, then IDE also for HardDrive(Drive where OSX will be installed).

5. ALRIGHT.. AFTER INSTALLATION... it asked you to reboot right? yeah I clicked that and it rebooted.

BUUTTT.. the problem was ... after reboot.. you know how the "boot up from dvd" screen appeared again as always. this time, since I already got my system INSTALLED, I didn't press anything, so it went through that and a bunch of white codes appeared (like it's loading the system) but again it freezed at the same problem:

After reboot, remove the installation DVD! in order for the darwin loader to load your newly installed MAC OS to boot. Or if youre experiencing problems in boot, type -v -x before booting.