Asus P5K Deluxe Help

2 posts in this topic

Hey everyone! I could use some help with the Asus P5k Deluxe I just bought.

So, I would like to use Kalyway 10.5.2 if possible. I can get everything booted up and working, but I am still having some compatibility issues. For example, I don't think the onboard firewire works (which is a huge deal, because I'm using this machine for video editing in FCP). If anyone would be so kind as to tell me what BIOS settings you used, and then possibly tell me which check boxes you used in Kalyway installation, it would be GREATLY appreciated!

Other components: 500GB Sata drive, Blackmagic intensity Card, EVGA 7300gt, 4gb DDR2 RAM, and IDE and a USB DVD DRIVE.

Thanks very much!! :P

P.S. I'm a total Newb so a little furrther explanation goes a long way. :D

Gord1020.

Please take a look at my install guide (attached). I have just re-written pretty much from scratch and off memory it as the original one was all over the place. If you follow this you should be fine. Please note that your graphics card is different, so it may work out of the box or may require different kexts so keep that in mind however this guide should point you in the right direction. My 8600GT loads com.apple.nvidia.nv50hal, com.apple.NVDAResman and com.apple.GeForce when working, where as yours may load a different one (whichever one it requires, NVInstaller should install it for you anyway). Simple way to check is after installing the NVInstaller, simply run the kextstat command and check the output for whatever nvd* or Ge* is loaded.

Let me know how you go, as I would like to make sure I havent missed anything in this guide.

Xyph.

Addition: Reworked the guide a little as it had a bit of conflicting data (old screen shots and some inaccurate instructions from when I was testing). Also edited my post as it was inaccurate. Both should be correct now as per my current working setup

Xyph.

Asus_P5K_Deluxe_Wifi_with_ASUS_8600GT___Install_Guide_v2.pdf