Is it impossible? Windows, Leopard and OpenSuse 11

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

I know perfectly how to make a windows, leopard and ubuntu triple boot. But if I replace Ubuntu by OpenSuse then the triple boot only work for opensuse and windows, for leopard gives some kind of hfs+ error...

If I remeber properly (I'm at work now so I can't check it), the partitions are as it follows, and I know they are right because they worked with when I had Ubuntu i/of OpenSuse:

dev1 windows

dev2 leopard

dev3 ext3 for linux distro

dev4 swap for linux distro

As I say with Ubuntu I just add some lines to grub to make leopard bootable and it works, but I changed Ubuntu by OpenSuse (I didn't make any other change on the partitions), I added the lines to grub to make leopard bootable but it cant... hfs+ error, blablabla...

Anyone know what do I have to do?

Should I use lilo?

Thanks for the help

Thanks man! It worked. Now I can acces from opensuse's grub to Linux, Windows or Kalyway!

Darwin shows the 3 OS and unfortunately the default oen is OpenSuse, but that's just a minor issue.

Thanks again. Now I coudl test openSuse, at the moment I still prefer Ubuntu altought Suse manages better the laptop features... :hysterical:

simple if you want the boot of leopard in boot up Y dont you use EASY BCD in easy bcd it will give you a option of Making multi boot with windows after doing this when you will select your windows in multi boot it will lead to another multi boot where you will have a option between windows and leopard

Thanks man! It worked. Now I can acces from opensuse's grub to Linux, Windows or Kalyway!

Darwin shows the 3 OS and unfortunately the default oen is OpenSuse, but that's just a minor issue.

Thanks again. Now I coudl test openSuse, at the moment I still prefer Ubuntu altought Suse manages better the laptop features... ;)

You can change the default with YAST or by manually editing menu.lst