For Sale: ACER Aspire 5672 Hackintosh

asstastic

10 posts in this topic

Specs:

Intel Core Duo Processor 1.66ghz

1GB Ram

120GB HDD

ATI Mobility x1600 128mb :D with s-video, VGA and HDMI output (QE/CI and res-change working)

15.4 inch 1280x800 LCD screen

Bluetooth (working)

Pioneer slot-loading DVD-RW (working, detected as Apple drive)

ALC 883 HD Audio with speakers, internal mic, headphone, line-in, mic-in, and mini optical-out jacks (all working)

Your choice of Dell (recognized as airport) or Intel 3945 (Not working under OSX but gets better signal) Wireless

Synaptics trackpad (2-finger scroll working) (the trackpad is very comfortable to use unlike some laptops I have used)

1x Firewire 400 (detected), 4x USB (all working), 1x Express Card (not tested), 1x PC Card Slot (working)

Laptop runs Leopard fine and has been tested with every version of OSX since 10.4.6.

About the laptop: I already own another 5672 and have been using it for video, photo and music editing in OSX for a while, dual-booting with XP. It's been a great laptop to use and so when I saw another one going for cheap on ebay I decided to buy it. This laptop was sold as a fixer upper although besides a few cosmetic issues it's working fine. When I received it I went about cleaning it up, fixing missing screws on the casing, etc. I also replaced the CPU and RAM with spare parts left over from an upgrade and replaced the thermal pads on the heatsink with Arctic Silver.

Going price is $700 OBO; will trade for PS3+cash as well. Local pickup is fine and I will ship to most parts of the globe but buyers outside the US will pay shipping. If I do not get a response soon I will try to sell on Ebay. Feel free to PM me with offers or questions.

I believe in full disclosure so I've pointed out all of the minor issues with the laptop. There are also a few scratches and nicks that might not be visible from these pictures, purely cosmetic.

sidexsidekj9.jpg

specsaf5.jpg

frontbb3.jpg

bottomav5.jpg

lefttc1.jpg

rightox5.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

man this is {censored}, if you want it for sell at least you gota replace the mini PCI wireless card so people can actually USING it. Without WIFI this is {censored} uesless.

and pulse only 1GB RAM? and you are selling this in this forum?

YOU MUST BEEN OUT OF YOUR MIND

• 1 year later...