OSx86 10.5.3 Leopard on Acer Travelmate 5310

Dude Matters

1 post in this topic

I have successfully installed a version of OSx86 10.5.3 Leopard on my Acer Travelmate 5310, 1,5GB Ram, 80GB HD, dual boot with Vista Business on one HD.

Hardware:

Modelnaam: Mac

Modelaanduiding: TravelMate 5310 serial-number

Processornaam: Intel Core 2 Solo

Processorsnelheid: 1.6 GHz

Aantal processors: 1

Totaal aantal cores: 1

L2-cache: 1 MB

Geheugen: 1.5 GB

Bussnelheid: 533 MHz

Opstart-ROM-versie: BOOT.EFI.V80

My video card is a Intel 945 integrated card and I've assiged 128MB of ram in the bios to the video.

The installation of Kalyway's 10.5.2 (custom install selecting the Intel 950 video option) goes fine, all installs well and 10.5.2 is running perfectly, I only miss the support for the built in ethernet card, wireless card is supported, video is supported, sound is supported.

Using the Kalyway Combo Update 10.5.3 gives some problems with the video driver (blue screen) but OS 10.5.3 does run. So before updating you must make a backup of the folloing files;

/System/Library/Extentions/AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext

Copy these files to a new folder like /Intel (I will use this example, but feel free to use your own)

Then, after installing the Combo (10.5.3) update following the instructions included shutdown the computer (in the blue screen after the HD led has stopped flashing) with the power button and enter. This will properly shut down OS X.

Start the computer and at the boot: prompt type -s (enter) for SAFE MODE, OS X starts in terminal.

Mount the HD as shown on the screen with the FSCK and MOUNT options.

Type the following commands:

cd /System/Library/Extentions/AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext (enter)

cp /Intel/AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext/* . (enter) (don't forget the period . !)

chmod -R 755 * (enter)

chown -R root:wheel * (enter)

exit (enter)

exit (enter)

This will make your video work fine, and OS 10.5.3 is running smoothly. I have tested the default kernel and the 9.3 kernel, both work fine, I did not notice any difference between the kernels.

Hope this info is usefull to some of you.