WMP54G

iamjero

2 posts in this topic

Okay, Ive installed kalyway 10.5.2, and then added the card in after the install ( i was impatient ).

So i plug the card in, and its not like windows. Boxes dont pop up and say new device found, etc etc.

I read tons of stuff in the forum, and on the wiki. Not alot of information regarding the pci card, but the usb information is abudant.

The wiki says:

PCI Card 802.11b/g WMP54G v4.0 Linksys Working with Ralink rt2500 drivers & utillity Yes

So i downloaded the drivers, installed, and it still doesnt find the card.

What am I doing wrong, how can I get it to work? Who has this card in working order?

Should I change cards or get a usb stick ( please mention brand and model )? I just really need wifi to work, as I dont plan on running 50ft of cat5 to this computer ( its a build for my GF ).

Any help is appreciated, and im using a q6600, on a gigabyte ds3l motherboard. Everything is nice, but without the internet the computer is of no real use.

Thanks in advance.

The wiki says:

PCI Card 802.11b/g WMP54G v4.0 Linksys Working with Ralink rt2500 drivers & utillity Yes

The wiki is wrong. PCI cards based on the rt2500 do not work on Leopard 10.5. RaLink updated their OSX drivers several months ago and botched the update. The USB devices work fine, but the PCI and miniPCI cards do not.