2 posts in this topic

Model Identifier:	EP35C-DS3R
  Processor Speed:	3 GHz
  Number Of Processors:	1
  Total Number Of Cores:	4
  L2 Cache:	6 MB
  Memory:	8 GB
  Bus Speed:	1.6 GHz

I installed Kalyway 10.5.2, upgraded to 10.5.3 using the combo update. I have a 8600GT/512MB all recognized, with proper EFI string etc..

Only remaining issues are :

+ Slow clock. I did set a FSB=400 into the boot plist (also tried as an argument to the boot prompt), but that doesn't help. I have a nagging feeling that it might be because of the 'unusual' 7.5 multiplier of the 9300 (overclocked from 2.4 to 3Ghz). The slow clock is rather annoying and rather prevent 'comfortable' usage of the machine :/ -- Anyone know if there is some suport for the hardware RTC ?

+ No built-in audio. I did install the two KEXT for the ALC889A (ALCinject and AppleHDA) but still ut doesn't recognize it 'properly'... Is it due to the 10.5.3 update ?

Anyone has some extra info on these two problems ? The RTC issue is more important really; it's about 10% slow so the clock is pretty unusable for anything...

In any case, great job on hacking all these drivers -- I'm pretty amazed it works that well!

I installed Kalyway 10.5.2, upgraded to 10.5.3 using the combo update. I have a 8600GT/512MB all recognized, with proper EFI string etc..

Only remaining issues are :

+ Slow clock. I did set a FSB=400 into the boot plist (also tried as an argument to the boot prompt), but that doesn't help. I have a nagging feeling that it might be because of the 'unusual' 7.5 multiplier of the 9300 (overclocked from 2.4 to 3Ghz). The slow clock is rather annoying and rather prevent 'comfortable' usage of the machine :/ -- Anyone know if there is some suport for the hardware RTC ?

Having the same thing with my Q9300 regardless of if I overclock or not and cannot find a solution :(

If you find a solution, please help the rest of us using a Q9300.

EDIT: Found solution! - details here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=112531