How to upgrade DVD drive firmware?

3 posts in this topic

I burned my first DVD-R and noticed in Toast that the only option I could get was 8X. The burner is a Lite-On that is supposed to be able to burn DVD-R at 20X. So I immediately think, probably should upgrade the firmware as the drive might think the media I'm using can only burn at 8X.

Only problem is, when I downloaded the firmware from Lite-On, it's an .exe file, which I can't use in OS X. So I'm not sure how I can upgrade the firmware on my drive. Can I put it on a USB flash drive and run the .exe from the BIOS?

Any suggestions would be great. :D

I didn't do any firmware update on DVD optical drive, but here is suggestions for you to try:

1. Unplug your DVD-R and plug to other Windows-based system and run your .exe file to update your firmware.

2. Download a "XP Live CD" (Or a USB XP) and use the CD to boot up your machine then run the .exe to do the update work.

Cheers :(

I didn't do any firmware update on DVD optical drive, but here is suggestions for you to try:

1. Unplug your DVD-R and plug to other Windows-based system and run your .exe file to update your firmware.

2. Download a "XP Live CD" (Or a USB XP) and use the CD to boot up your machine then run the .exe to do the update work.

Cheers :(

I'll give it a shot. Gracias!