solution for 8400gs?

rigobot

12 posts in this topic

hi all

i have installed a kalyway 10.5.3 on my system with a zotac 8400gs, all is working with NVInject 0.2.1: QE and CI are working like a charm but all of that only by the vga output, the dvi one is, as we know, black.

the video card has one vga and one dvi port.

i have noticed a difference with other video card; in this one there isn't an primary or secondary output/screen, infact if i plug only the dvi screen and reboot, i can see the bios screen with the system loading (thing that is impossible if the dvi port corresponded to a secondary display )

another thing: the vesa driver work very well with dvi screen: they are not programmed to recognize a secondary or primary display.

all macbook and macbook pro has the proper display and the SECONDARY one...

it can be the reason why part of the 8400gs possessors have this problem?

Is there a specific nvcap that doesn't distinguish the two output?

thank for any feedback

it modifies the NVCAP with these values:

<04000000 00000300 04000000 00000007 00000000>

It changes com.apple.boot.plist by this that it has formed the video by dvi… in library/systemconfiguration

com.apple.Boot.plist.zip

It eliminates the Nvinjet

sorry my english

i don't understand....maybe someone know what he would say?

it modifies the NVCAP with these values:

It changes com.apple.boot.plist by this that it has formed the video by dvi… in library/systemconfiguration

com.apple.Boot.plist.zip

It eliminates the Nvinjet

sorry my english

BEWARE

1.- A gfx string could work if you have the same configuration, sometimes even with the same card they dont have the same PciRoot path.

2.- It eliminates NVinject/Natit/NVkush ONLY if you have PC-EFI or Chameleon installed.

BEWARE

1.- A gfx string could work if you have the same configuration, sometimes even with the same card they dont have the same PciRoot path.

2.- It eliminates NVinject/Natit/NVkush ONLY if you have PC-EFI or Chameleon installed.

thanks, and what about the first post?

hi, its not really ontopic, but how did u install the 8400gs? Where to find the Nvidia extensions?! I Installes NVinject.kext in Extensions Folder with the NVinjevt 0.2.1, but that doesn't work alone. Please tell me how :)

hi, its not really ontopic, but how did u install the 8400gs? Where to find the Nvidia extensions?! I Installes NVinject.kext in Extensions Folder with the NVinjevt 0.2.1, but that doesn't work alone. Please tell me how :D

try to do in a shell this command:

sudo rm -R /System/Library/Extentions/NVinject.kext

after download the last NVinstaller and use it

http://scottdangel.com/blog/?page_id=20

this should work...however not all 8400gs are identical.

I want again give attenction to the first post, i think that the NVinject kext can't totally work in those card like the 8400gs zotac (my card)

Hi! My Club3d 8400 GS 256MB is working on 10.5.2 with nvinject 0.20, not with 0.21, with 0.21 only low res available.

Upgradeing to 10.5.3 screwed thing up. No need for NVCAP, did not check DVI.

Good luck

Hi! My Club3d 8400 GS 256MB is working on 10.5.2 with nvinject 0.20, not with 0.21, with 0.21 only low res available.

Upgradeing to 10.5.3 screwed thing up. No need for NVCAP, did not check DVI.

Good luck

my VGA works too, the problem is DVI!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in the same boat with the 8400gs 512mb. Somehow, which is beyond me using some type of installer or injection (was testing a lot of different ones) I previously got dual display (DVI + VGA) working but didn't have quartz extreme. I wish I could recall what I did but now after messing around with it to get quartz working the dual display is gone...But be optimistic because I can definitely,y confirm that it does work. I think if we knew exactly what the parts of the NVCAP related to then driver support would be much improved...

• 1 month later...

I have FINALLY got my Zotac 8400 GS to work with 10.5.3 with dual monitor support (VGA + DVI). I have tried several drivers (with 10.5.2 and 10.5.3), and the only one that seems to work for Dual Monitor support for the Zotac is NVinstaller v.31. After installing this, I updated the kext file with the NVCAP:

04000000 00000100 02000000 00000000 00000000

I did this by copying the NVinject.kext to my desktop, editing it using Plist Edit Pro to change the NVCAP setting, then installing it back by using Kext Helper B7.

My system info says Quartz E is not Supported though. Anyone know what I could change to allow support for this? Perhaps another NVCAP setting?

I have question regarding 8400GS I have 10.5.4 installed and with NVkush CI/QE is working as charm but dual display don't work. What is yours advice regarding this, How will I enable dual display or at least to get picture to TV or something like that ?