Latitude D830 hangs at vectors 0:23

1 post in this topic

Greetings all,

I picked up a latitude after reading this thread: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=86600

It is basically a standard D830 config, 2GB of ram, C2D T7100 (1.8GHz), 80GB sata HDD, onboard video (965/x3100)

I am using the kalyway 10.5.2 intel/amd DVD.

It boots off the CD and gives me the option to press F8, I did so and typed in 'vanilla' and continued on. Seconds after that it gets to: IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 0:23 and never gets any further. There are other people who have complained about this same error on other laptops but have received no answer that I could find. Considering 10.5.1 is confirmed I would assume 10.5.2 would work.

The DVD is fine, I can get further on other systems for testing.

I have tried disabling uneeded items in the bios, turned off wifi etc. I don't have any extra hardware installed or plugged into the laptop.

Any ideas?

*Edit* OK so I tried disabling dual core from within the bios instead of using the cpus=1. I see the same line above but right after that I get stuck on "extension "com.apple.driver.acpi_smc_platformplugin" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style"

I followed instructions to type the following:

F8

-S

/sbin/mount -uw /

(backing to root prompt here)

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleSMC.kext

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

rm -rf /System/Library/Caches/*

reboot

This doesn't seem to work on 10.5.2 at all. Best case scenario using just /sbin/mount -uw / gets me an error that says "Kernel overflows available space" and sits with a blinking cursor, I can't do anything but the power button works if I press it once, so far I have had to hold it down for a few seconds to get the machien to shutdown after I receive an error.