ERROR on Kalyway install! HELP!

CarlosP

3 posts in this topic

I downloaded KALYWAY_LEO_10.5.1intel_SSE2_SSE3 from torrent and burned image on to dvd drive. At first I got the EBIOS error but got that fixed after googling around. Burn at 1x with DVD Decrypter and problem solved.

Now for the BIG Problem..

Finally bootloader and everything is up and running, and after errasing I proceed to customize the correct components for install..

At about 41 minutes left of installation I get an "INSTALL FAILED"

and that there’s a problem on "VOLUME\MAC OSX"..

Things I've tried:

1. Changed DVD Drive (Didn’t work)

2. Changed Hard Drives (Didn’t work)

3. Reburned Kalyway ISO on to another brand DVD-R media ( you guessed right.. Didn't work)

4. Used a partition tool and installed MBR, out of curiosity (That didn't work either..)

Spent 10 straight hours on this, havent slept and no progress beyond this. I've lost count on how many install attempts I've tried with the same results. I'm sleepy, hungry, cranky and after a whole week of downloading, juts plain frustrated.

Can anyone point out why is this happening and/or how to get around this problem, or if I need to do any different install/partition/boot procedure?

Would greatly appreciate the help!!

Finally got around to fixing the problem.. I tweaked with the hd permissions and tried changing partition formats until it finally installed..

I installed MBR format and selected MBR from the customize menu like it should and, ONLY in this format, it lets me install without errors... unfortunately MBR doesn't boot after restart...

I proceeded to install in GUID format and selected it from the customize menu, like I've seen most people use, and I get "INSTALL FAILED" at about 1 min. left of installation..

I've tried this several times and it just doesn't want to completely install in GUID format.. It only installs in MBR, but I get no boot afterwards... weird..

What am I doing wrong??

Finally got around to fixing the problem.. I tweaked with the hd permissions and tried changing partition formats until it finally installed..

I installed MBR format and selected MBR from the customize menu like it should and, ONLY in this format, it lets me install without errors... unfortunately MBR doesn't boot after restart...

I proceeded to install in GUID format and selected it from the customize menu, like I've seen most people use, and I get "INSTALL FAILED" at about 1 min. left of installation..

I've tried this several times and it just doesn't want to completely install in GUID format.. It only installs in MBR, but I get no boot afterwards... weird..

What am I doing wrong??

Still stuck... :P Bump 4 help..!