Leopard not booting

knibble

4 posts in this topic

Ive just instaled iATKOS v2.0i and, well, it wont boot up, I just get a black screen... Any help? I have a Dell Inspiron 6400. Ive search the foums and found nothing that helps :/

System specs:

not sure on a few of these as i have no way to check atm :/

Intel duo 2.4 Ghz

1 Gb ram

Some sort of intel chipset

If it is the black screen with a blinking cursor then you are missing a boot loader. I got the iAtkos v2.0i bootloader to install by booting to the DVD, pressing F8 and booting with -s. Then type darwin and follow the prompts.

Just make sure you are selecting your OS X partition. Doing this incorrectly may result in your Windows partition (if you have one) not booting

That worked thanks -_-, but i got another probelem now. I ger 'b0 error' when i boot up :/

just gonna try a reinstall and see if that works. Ill update in 20 mins

crud... Reinstaled, did the bootloader install and i still get the black screen with the blinking cursor... -_-

EDIT: oops, my bad. I was puting the bootloader onto a 5mb patition i have (for somereson :/) so it gets past the anyoying screen and gets onto an even more annoying one :/ i get the OS choice screen, i choose my correct partition and it just resets -_-

any more help >.<

Sorry about double post, but im just bumping and making my post make more sence :/

NEW PROBLEM! it gets to the "choose partition" screen, you choose one, then it flashes and stays on the same screen :|