How do I dual boot with 2 OSes on 2 different hard drives?

4 posts in this topic

Both are SATA.

I can boot to both operating systems by pressing F12 at post screen, but I built this system for someone else and they'd prefer a simple bootloader.

I tried using the chain0 method, but it didn't work (probably because they are on separate hard drives?)

Is there any way I can add Windows to the Darwin bootloader? Or get chain0 to work?

Thanks

Both my BIOS's allows me to set the F9(yourF12) up automatically and for a time, so mine starts up the for 5/10/15 seconds gives me the option to choose from which HDD I would like to boot from!

It is still the safest and least complicated!

SticMAN

Both are SATA.

I can boot to both operating systems by pressing F12 at post screen, but I built this system for someone else and they'd prefer a simple bootloader.

I tried using the chain0 method, but it didn't work (probably because they are on separate hard drives?)

Is there any way I can add Windows to the Darwin bootloader? Or get chain0 to work?

Thanks

Is there any way I could add Windows to the Darwin bootloader instead?

On my original build, I have a single hard drive partitioned. When i boot, I get a Darwin bootloader which lets me pic Leopard or XP.

So is there any way to edit Darwin to boot into Mac as the first option, and the windows partition as the second? And on the windows I'll just have a standard boot.ini? with no chain0?

im wondering the same thing- I have XP 64 professional on one HD and have been trying to get OSX 10.5.2 to work on a second HD - when I set the BIOS to go to the OSX disk first it goes into the Darwin bootloader, but then it has an option for "load foreign OS" which promply tells me there is no boot information. strangely the first time leopard loads up - it works beautifully, but I cannot seem to get it to load up a second time....