LAN Connection Problem

bennyshum

6 posts in this topic

I had Kalway 10.5.3 OS X installed on my laptop (ASUS W7S).

When I plug the network cable while using the computer, the OS did not detect the connection. The status of the network is "Cable unplugged" inside the system preferences.

The most weird thing is when I plug the cable while the boot time, the network works. :(

Any idea?

Notes** the network card is working for sure. The network cable is fine too, since I had test with other computers.

Thank you very much.

can you go to about this mac> more info...> then extensions and check if IONetworkingFamily is loaded when you plug in your network cable when the desktop load not during reboot.

Thank you for the quick reply.

The IONetworkingFamily extension is loaded even I had the network cable unplugged.

I am seeing same thing too. Network in System Preferences shows the cable as unplugged and there is no connection after booting. If I set a fake IP address manually and then click Use DHCP, it gets IP, etc., from router and connects normally but the the network cable not connected message is still there in Network.

This happened after the 10.5.3 upgrade using the Intel8255.kext that is around. Messed around with reinstalling kext, etc., but no joy.

• 2 weeks later...