GMA950 only outputs to external monitor after 10.5.3

PainToad

10 posts in this topic

Comp: Dell 640m / e1405

Hi Guys,

Decided to take the plunge last night and install Kalyways 10.5.3 update. But now after I reboot, I get the spinning Apple screen, then a flash of Blue then the screen turns off...

If I turn it on connected to an external monitor it's fine :-S

I don't think its the same as the 'Bluescreen freeze' bug as the screen totally turns of, but the lappy itself seems to be still running.

Any suggestions please??

Could any other GMA950 post their workinng kexts?

Cheers!

Omg thanks! Talking from my fixed hackbook now :D

EDIT: Now my battery meter has disappeared :)

EDIT2: Stuff it, back to 10.5.2

PainToad, if you enable sleep/wake on mouse to corner of desktop you can enable your main laptop monitor after you installed 10.5.3. Mine showed a black screen as well and only showed up on the external monitor but when I moved my mouse into the active corner to sleep/wake I got the main monitor also in addition to external.

so now osx boots up and goes right to a black screen. Apparently it's set to sleep in some odd mode (similar to lid closed). When I move the mouse ("virtually", cause you can't see it) into the corner to sleep/wake and move it back to the main screen area it takes a second and it activates the screen. worth a try if you only have problems with that. And if you are already in this mode and forgot to set sleep/wake on screen corner activation before the update, just attach an external monitor and do it. It will wake up the main screen and you get both in dual monitor setup.

btw. this way it comes back without any mouse artifacts

Lol why must u tempt me :thumbsup_anim:

I tried that screen saver thingy and didn't work. But the above kext did, in the end it wouldn't boot at all, and had to reinstall.

I might clone my HD to USB and have a play on the weekend...

Lol why must u tempt me ;)

I tried that screen saver thingy and didn't work. But the above kext did, in the end it wouldn't boot at all, and had to reinstall.

I might clone my HD to USB and have a play on the weekend...

agree, it's a good idea to have a backup image of your working install. worst case, it takes 30mins to write the image back to hdd and start over and mess it up with sth different :(

btw. if you don't have mouse artifacts with memory hungry programs on 10.5.2, it may not be worth the upgrade.