help me to dual boot mac os x 10.4.6 JAS x86 using boot.ini

1 post in this topic

i have tested installing and booting os x jas sucessfully on single hdd without partitions on vmware server. i also sucessfully tested os x jas installation on partition with following configuartion cases,

1) partition 1 -- primary -- active -- Windows xp

partition 2 -- primary -- not active -- Mac os x

2) and also,

partition 1 -- primary -- active -- Windows xp

partition 2 -- extented

partition 2 -- logical -- not active -- Mac os x

3) and re-configuring like this,

partition 1 -- primary -- active -- Windows xp

partition 2 -- extented

partition 2 -- logical -- not active -- Windows server 2003

partition 3 -- primary -- not active -- mac os x

my problem is the installation completes sucessfullly in all above 3 cases and also mbr's control is with xp boot menu, therefore i can boot into xp after installation with mac osx on other partition unbootable.

i want to dual boot this installed mac os x by add it to xp boot menu (boot.ini). i have tried following methods to dual boot using boot.ini unsucessfully,

1) adding chain0 along with other files in usr/standalone/i386 folder of jas dvd to root of partition 1 where xp and boot.ini are also present and adding c:\chain0="mac" to boot.ini

error messages: 1) for case 2 config control is returned to xp boot menu again

2) for case 1 config "Chain booting error" err msg

2) using dd for windows dumped 512bytes/1k/1M, count=1 to bootsect.mac for both mac os with HFS+ and HFSJ

error messages: HFS+ partition error

3) using grub for dos and extracting boot/grub and grldr to partition 1's root. and adding following lines in menu.lst

title OSX at (hd0,2)

root (hd0,2)

makeactive

chainloader +1

boot

error messages: xp boot menu sucessfully boots in grub and lists contents of menu.lst. now when i select

OSX at (hd0, 2) i get following error message,

Booting 'OSX at (hd0, 2)'

root (hd0, 2)

Error 19: Cannot mount selected partition

Press any key to continue...

help me to dual boot mac os x 10.4.6 jas x86 using xp boot menu (boot.ini) i want to boot os x using xp/2003 menu ONLY and not even vista bootloader BCD or EasyBCD.