Clock givin HARD Time

DragonZ

6 posts in this topic

1. I installed Kalyway 10.5.2. My problem is that if i change mac time &date settings to correct, windows settings gets wrong n when i correct windows settings, mac clock shows wrong time. Any solution? :D
  2. How to get USB Flash Drive working? :)
  3. How to uninstall programs in mac? ;)
  4. I impoted several photos to iphoto. Now i've deleted them n removed from iphoto trash but still disk space is not recovered. Any suggestions? :unsure:
  5. I have Core 2 Duo E4500 but i have to use sleep kernel or modbin kernel. Can anybody tell why vanilla is not working (PC reboots at darwin on selecting this) ? :(
  6. What settings to use in keyboard mapping for normal windows like operation? :wacko:
  7. Finally, how can i check if my Mac is running on 64-bit or not? :(

1. I don't think there is a fix for this. There might be, search around, but it's got to do with the different ways that Mac and Windows use the time from your BIOS. Try setting Windows and Mac to the GMT time zone, it might work.

2. Isn't your USB working? When you insert a disk, it should appear on the desktop. I don't know how to fix it if it isn't...

3. Depends. Mostly you just drag them to the trash. Some more complicated applications have uninstallers though, like MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite.

4. Wierd. Check to see how big is the iPhoto library. (get info). You can also manually browse the library by right clicking and choosing "Show Package contents"

5. Have you installed Netkas' Boot EFI? Or chosen EFI in your distro?

6. System Preferences -> Keyboard & Mouse -> In the Keyboard tab go to "modifier keys"

7. Run Chess.app. Now open Activity monitor. Look at the "kind" column, see if it's 64-bit

for 1)

i made a start up script to make windows sync with the time server every time windows boot.

copy these 2 line to notepad and save it as resync.bat then copy it to start>all programs>startup

@pause

@w32tm /resync

alternatively you can offset the time zone in mac so that both will show the correct time

Thanks both of u

5. Have you installed Netkas' Boot EFI? Or chosen EFI in your distro?

I tried using kernel /boot_v8 method using neogrub but smae result (boots great with other kernels but restarts at darwin with vanilla). Do i need to use actual grub for that? Someone suggested Chameleon to me. Will this solve my problem?

P.S. OS X is on secondary hard disk

6. System Preferences -> Keyboard & Mouse -> In the Keyboard tab go to "modifier keys"

yep but i dunno what changes should i make there.

yep but i dunno what changes should i make there.
You can rearrange the four keys to the left of your spacebar.

Well basically PC's have Control, Alt and Windows keys. Mac has Command, Option and Control keys.

Command is used like Control on PC's, ie. Cmd-C is copy, Cmd-V is paste, Cmd-Q is quit, CMD-H is hide etc etc.

Control mainly used to simulate right click for a Mac.