Help with networking Bad Axe D975XBX2 motherboard

3 posts in this topic

Well, I spent about a week trying to get my system to multiboot, and I finally solved that, but my Mac partition has no networking.

I am running off an Intel D975XBX2 (Bad Axe) motherboard

I installed the Mac OS with Iatkos 2.0 and I selected the network options in the install menu (I put in all of them!)

When I open safari it tells me my computer isn't connected to the internet and it gives me the network diagnostics button. (Which doesn't solve anything)

So obviously I am missing a driver or something.

I had networking going when I used a Kalyway 10.5.1 disk.

All my other OS partitions (XP, Ubuntu) have operating networking.

I am certainly a Mac newbie and an OSx86 newbie, but I know my way around a bunch of other OS's.

Any help, greatly appreciated

Good evening,

I also have the BadAxe2 motherboard and can say the Intel network driver from Kalyway 10.5.2 and Leo4All 10.5.2 works fine. I'm in Leo4All now using Safari to type this message.

I installed only selecting Intel and Broadcom drivers.

Audio needs a driver, Marvell RAID controller I cannot get going and Leo4All with Geforce 9800GX limits me too 1024x768 graphics.

Nobody said this was going to be easy.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Johan

Well, I thought I did all the copying and permission changing properly, but still nothing. It tells me network cable is unplugged.

I think I'll try a reinstall with Kalyway 10.5.2 and the Intel networks as you mention. I'll let you know.

Thanks.