Ralink MiniPCI wireless- Zephyroth 10.5.2

montalbert

4 posts in this topic

After trying 18 different times and different settings at installing Kelyway (?sp) alongside XP on my MSI S271 laptop I decided to give the Zephyroth 10.5.2 AMD a go- and it worked- first time. The graphics, sound, video etc are all working fine (not sure baout ethernet yet- will check when i get home)....

I have 2 main issues though- it will not boot unless the install dvd is in. Is this how it normally is? Not a huge issue but would rather not have it with me all the time...... did i install it wrongly? When i go into my Disk director suite in XP it says the MacOS partition is now a ShagOS swap in brackets- doesnt say it is FAT32 anymore.....

Other problem is that my wireless card doesnt work. I have a Ralink MiniPCI wireless network adapter in it. How do i go about getting the drivers for it onto there, or at least making the OS recognise it? Whe i go to preferences in the OS it only gives me option of adjusting the ethernet and not troubleshooting a wireless network....

Sorry for the noobie questions but I have tried to read all i can find on this and still cant figure it out- the XP i have installed is a personalised version i did myself from VisionXP.

thanks

Scott

ok afterplaying with it more here it what has happened:

1. Leopard will only load if i change my boot sequence and load from dvd.

2. Doesnt have the correct display driver- thinks its an ATI 200 but mine is an ATI Radeon Xpress 1150 so display resolution is fairly low and sort of blurry.

3. Have installed the so called driver from ralink for my wifi, andit sort of recognises it but when i go to connect it unconnects itself straight away...

4. I have installed the drivers for my printer- usb- canon mp760, but when i go to install it it asks me for a driver but then i cant find it in the list....

ethernet works- i am typing that from it now- which is why my wife is nagging me to come out to lounge room- why i got the wireless in the first place....

Any solutions to the above stuff? please help i am totally new to Mac stuff....

thanks

• 1 month later...