Acer Aspire 5040 with ALC883 (X200M Chip)

Pericles Silva

5 posts in this topic

Hello people! i'm here asking for help. In the last 6 weeks, i try to install the OSX in my laptop. Whell, i'm posting here now using my "Lapintosh". I can use integrated Network (RTL8169), using now Atheros Wi-Fi (Airport) and i can use Keyboard and Trackpado. My version is 10.4.8 (Jas). The only thing i can't make it work is my sound. I try the AzaliaAudio.pkg, ACL883.pkg, and the Taruga's Patcher. Make the permissions, everithing in the tutorials. But, no sound card detected. In Windows, appears: Realtek 883: 10EC / 0883 HD in Windows: 1002 / 437B And appears 2CH in Realtek Panel from Windows. I don't need MIC, just Speakers....

I try to edit the Azalia kext with this values, try to find in AppleHDA this values, and nothing happens. I use a dump file found it here, for a Gigabyte Motherboard (the only that appears the SPDIF in and Out Detected in AppleHDA Patcher), and some others, wich detect only Spdif out. But, when reboot, no sound card detected in Config, just a Agregated Device, with nothing to do. If someone can help me, i thanks! Sorry about my english, because i'm brazilian. And thanks to everyone who try to help me!!!! I don't want to use the MIC, i just want to hear some music. Mic is no important to me. Thanks!

YEAHHHH! Works!!! I forgot to change the IOUSBFamily.kext provided by Prasys. My sound works great. Mic, Speakers, Headphone. Many thanks to Prasys and Machead5678 (AzaliaAudio.pkg). Works great. Change the IOUSBFamili.kext, apply the permissions, reboot, install the AzaliaAudio.pkg and works great. Thank you!

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...