Copy to new HDD?

krazyken

2 posts in this topic

This has got to be simpler than I am making it out to be, but after a few tries with various methods, nothings working.

I need to try and install vista onto my working osx86 machine. I am wary though to do it, as it took me like 4 days straight of working hard and reading forums to get osx86 working so well on my HP dv2800t artist edition, so I'm way nervous to do anything that might mess this install up.

To ease some worries, I'd like to copy the hdd over to the new hdd and play around on the old hdd.

Everytime I do it by the ways I think would work, the boot information apparently doesn't go with the copy, and it won't boot up the mac install.

So gurus, whats the proper way to do this? I've been searching and haven't really found anything about this in here =\ and I've googled quite a bit to no avail. I'd like to just know straight up from you guys what the best way to do this is and have it boot up after copying with the new hdd.

Thanks!

Ken

• 3 weeks later...

Would you post what is and what isn't working on your dv2800t osx install? I'm thinking about buying a new HP soon and that artist model currently on sale.

Regarding your question, I seem to remember some posts on various imaging softwares... like acronis or similar that will image the mac os, but as far as I know acronis is pc.