DV9620US ATI - Hard drive not showing up in install

rohit507

6 posts in this topic

I'm trying to install Kalyway to hp pavilion and can't see the hard drive. It's not in disk util and it's not seen in the installer. I'm at a loss as to what to do and also because i'm a hackintosh noob.

THanks Much :)

Edit: well this is interesting LEO4All shows no drives not even the dvd it's on unlike kalyway. Thanks for all the help in advance :)

Edit 2: the vista and ubuntu install disks i have are both showing the drives. hmmm

Edit 3: nothing iv'e tried re formatting the drives to unallocated space and fat 32 still nothing.

Edit 4: I would like to get this installed by end of dat tommorow so i can set it up as my development pc (macs are awesome dev pcs but my ibook and macmini are all ppc and slow as :(

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product...amp;dlc=en&

That is the link to the dv9620us site if you need it

So it seems we are dealing with a sata hd

what do you guys reccomend as the best course of action?

are there any patches i can apply to kalyway? or something?

i really like Kaly way (from the descriptions) over leo4all so i would like to stay with that if possible.

Edit: I cant find ANYTHING on SATA and kalyway with google or the wiki .. is is not possible or something?

Edit 2: Can i do something like with my leopard install on my mac with a broken cd drive? the procedure for that follows

1. boot mac off usb drive (thank god for command O F on PPC macs)

2. partition mac's primary drive into one 6 gig and one left over portion

3. flash install dvd onto 6 gig partition

4. boof off of 6 gig partition and install OS 10.5 on the other partition

5. boot into other partition and erase 6 gig partition.

6. leave 6 gig partition for data storage

• 3 weeks later...

Well I don't have an answer for you now. I can say that I have been working on the same issue with my Hp dv9620us. I wanted to tell you that I have seen it working on a you tube video. So it is possible. For now just getting past the missing HDD issue is the main thing stopping me. I have tried patching the kalyway iso, as well as formatting the partition several different ways. Still no go. I am running a Dual core AMD, thus the need for the patch. So far problematic to say the least. But I refuse to give up. I will have the triple boot with Vista, Xp and Leopard. Just wanted to tell you not to give up on it, it is possible. If I come up with the solution, will let you know.

I myself have this same problem on a Compaq Presario F763NR Laptop. It Does not see my hard drive at all in the disk utility , its like it doesnt even exist (Windows and Linux both see it without any issues). I am using the Kalyway 10.5.2 Install DVD , and the link to my notebook speccs are http://search.hp.com/query.html?cc=us&...763nr&la=en . Any help would be appreciated here. Also to Let Everyone know I have tried using gparted to format my hard drive anywhere from unallocated , to fat 32 and no difference. Much Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Good news i am currently installing working on this issue FYI i am using the new release of Leo4All V4 which was recently released and guess what i saw while in disk utilities ? You guess it im trying to install on it as you read this and will post my results as soon as i am done ...so far so good....