10.4.5 Update issue

Trunks

8 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

before anything my congrats to maxxuss, i managed to install the 10.4.4 dvd patched without any problems in less than 20 mins. on a pentium 4 2.53ghz, 1gb ram.

the issue now is that when i'm on the 10.4.5 maxxuss' guide, step 4 #update manually, it gives me this errors after i input "hdiutil attach MacOSXUpd10.4.5Intel.dmg":

load_hdi: timed out waiting for driver to load (like 6 or 7 lines of it)

then:

yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss.ms diskimages-helper[136] ERROR: unable to load disk image driver - 0xe00002c08/-536870208 - Device not configured.

hdiutil: attach failed - Device not configured

so yeah that's it. any help with this would be truly appreciated it. thanks guys. have fun.

Hi guys,

before anything my congrats to maxxuss, i managed to install the 10.4.4 dvd patched without any problems in less than 20 mins. on a pentium 4 2.53ghz, 1gb ram.

the issue now is that when i'm on the 10.4.5 maxxuss' guide, step 4 #update manually, it gives me this errors after i input "hdiutil attach MacOSXUpd10.4.5Intel.dmg":

load_hdi: timed out waiting for driver to load (like 6 or 7 lines of it)

then:

yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss.ms diskimages-helper[136] ERROR: unable to load disk image driver - 0xe00002c08/-536870208 - Device not configured.

hdiutil: attach failed - Device not configured

so yeah that's it. any help with this would be truly appreciated it. thanks guys. have fun.

never mind guys. i fixed it.

what i did was boot into 10.4.4 and mount the 10.4.5updintel.dmg then i copied the pkg inside the image to

the root folder "/" and then reboot into single user mode and on step 4 #update mannually, i overpased the "hdiutil attach MacOSXUpd10.4.5Intel.dmg" and then change something in the next command originally "installer -verbose -target / -pkg /Volumes/*Update*/*.pkg". i changed to "installer -verbose -target / -pkg /*.pkg" and wooalla , it worked.

never mind guys. i fixed it.

what i did was boot into 10.4.4 and mount the 10.4.5updintel.dmg then i copied the pkg inside the image to

the root folder "/" and then reboot into single user mode and on step 4 #update mannually, i overpased the "hdiutil attach MacOSXUpd10.4.5Intel.dmg" and then change something in the next command originally "installer -verbose -target / -pkg /Volumes/*Update*/*.pkg". i changed to "installer -verbose -target / -pkg /*.pkg" and wooalla , it worked.

everything went good untill it got stock at optimizing 50%, i hard reset it and now it doesnt boot properly. im going to install 10.4.4 again from scratch.

After hanging at 50%, most people just reboot back into single user mode, load the patched kernel at the boot prompt since it has most likely been replaced by the 10.4.5 installer, and continue on with the rest of the instructions. No need to blow away your original install.

After hanging at 50%, most people just reboot back into single user mode, load the patched kernel at the boot prompt since it has most likely been replaced by the 10.4.5 installer, and continue on with the rest of the instructions. No need to blow away your original install.

how do i do that, cause i havent deleted yet because im trying using the terminal from the dvd but i dont know the commands to access from the dvd terminal to my root directory on my harddrive. is like booting in ms-dos and try to copy the patched files from there to the windows directory, but since i dont know that much about terminal im locked up there. so any help please.

update: another thing when i reboot after hanging up in 50% when i try to enter the single user mode it loads but then it reboots itself. so what you think?

how do i do that, cause i havent deleted yet because im trying using the terminal from the dvd but i dont know the commands to access from the dvd terminal to my root directory on my harddrive. is like booting in ms-dos and try to copy the patched files from there to the windows directory, but since i dont know that much about terminal im locked up there. so any help please.

update: another thing when i reboot after hanging up in 50% when i try to enter the single user mode it loads but then it reboots itself. so what you think?

Try booting off you install DVD in "-s" mode and after completing "fsck -fy" and "mount -uw /" continue upgrade as per maxxuss instructions.

Hi

if i try to boot from install DVD in the "-s" mode the command

mount -uw /

then i get the message

Launchd: mkdir "/var/launchd": No such file or Directory

(if i try to boot from my HDD - it reboot automaticly)

I am not able to mount my HDD /dev/disk1s3 to / or to an other mount point ?

So i am not be able to get my MacOSXUpd10.4.5Intel.dmg or the Maxxuss Patch 1.0_11045

Can anyone help me ??