AMD Kalyway "still waiting for root device"

samar7

5 posts in this topic

hi lads,

Ive got a Compaq Presario F500 laptop, AMD 64 Athlon x2 1gb ram SSE3 Nvidia Geforce GO 6100.

Basically ive booted the dvd then i get the message "still waiting for root device".. i have no idea what im doing wrong. Im using the Kalyway dvd.. please help!

Thanks

I had the issue but resolved it with these steps:

1: Use the Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD

2: Install a SATA DVD drive.

3: Setup so SATA Hard Drive (SATA 0) and SATA DVD (SATA 1)

4: Use GParted to create a NTFS Partition on the Hard drive you wish to instal OS X (Not essential, but it may need to be done for installer to recognize the drive)

5: In the installer, on the top menu go to utilities and disk utility

6: Create the partition and format as Mac OS Extended (Journaled)

7: Install the new installation on this newly formatted drive.

Let me know how you go.

sorry, im a n00b therefore very confused, how do i install a SATA DVD drive on my laptop? and if i try another release like zephyroth which is made for AMD will i still need sata, because my laptop drive is ATA.. cheers

Sorry didnt realise you were installing this on a laptop. The method I mentioned above works for desktop PC's only.

You more than likely cannot install a sata dvd drive into your laptop. The kalyway install is probably still the best as it is meant to support ATA. But to get it working...

The reason you are getting the problem is more than likely that your laptop chipset is not supported or something.

Check that first on http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page