AppleAirPortBrcm4311 kext won't load at startup

Tin_man_0

4 posts in this topic

I just finished patching up the AppleAirPortBrcm4311 kext and rebooted, but still no wifi... so then I went into the folder and did manual kextload boom it worked!! then I reboot and no wifi.... hmmmm.... then I did the kextload again and sure it enough it worked.... so what am I missing? how do I get this kext to load at startup? (i've already tried deleting the kextcache and mkext files).

Guest BuildSmart

If it doesn't load on a start or restart then it's not getting a device match.

What card do you have?

If it doesn't load on a start or restart then it's not getting a device match.

What card do you have?

It's a Dell Wireless 1395, and like I said, the kexts loads and initiates when started manually but not at startup. I ended up using kexthelper and it fixed the issue but the kext now recides at the root of the extensions folder and not in the plugins folder. don't know why it didn't work the other way.

• 6 years later...

maybe I can get a bit of help here. I have a D820 and installed 10.3 and got it running although I have no networking wired or wireless. It doesn't even see the ethernet card and it sees the 1395 wireless but has no drivers. I tried editing the info.plist with no joy. I have a headache from reading so much and have gotten no where.