Broadcomm 801.11b/g PCI wireless

macparts

2 posts in this topic

I have found a fairly decent PCI 802.11 b/g PCI card with the broadcom 4318 chipset. I have one of these in my Hackintosh ( which I am typing this ) . This card shows up as a third party wireless in the system profile and of course works with the airport drivers. Tested with kalaway 10.5.1 ,10.5.2 & 10.5.3 and a quicksliver running 10.4.11. I need to buy these in cases of 50 from china ........ so if there is enough interest I'll order a case . Price would be $24.00 including shipping (and tax if your located in calif . ) NO funds required until I have parts in hand , but at the same time I would like you to be serious about having one of these if you commit to one. Time frame would be about two weeks from the time I place the order. PM if interested.

post-72067-1211505782.gif

• 5 weeks later...
Guest BuildSmart
I have found a fairly decent PCI 802.11 b/g PCI card with the broadcom 4318 chipset. I have one of these in my Hackintosh ( which I am typing this ) . This card shows up as a third party wireless in the system profile and of course works with the airport drivers. Tested with kalaway 10.5.1 ,10.5.2 & 10.5.3 and a quicksliver running 10.4.11. I need to buy these in cases of 50 from china ........ so if there is enough interest I'll order a case . Price would be $24.00 including shipping (and tax if your located in calif . ) NO funds required until I have parts in hand , but at the same time I would like you to be serious about having one of these if you commit to one. Time frame would be about two weeks from the time I place the order. PM if interested.

You're awfully expensive for this card, my China source has this card listed at $14.50 per card and total shipping of $25.00 for 50 cards.

I could see the justification if you disassembled the card, reflashed the miniPCI that is inside of it with Apple ID's, reassembled and created a professional looking replacement WHQL XP/Vista driver CD (a generic CDR doesn't shout quality) for the card since the ID's were changed giving you a better overall product for Mac OS X (no modifications required) and still work in Windows (32/64-bit).

I sell many of these cards and I do go that extra mile to ensure the highest compatibility without sacrificing any other OS functionality and I charge $20.00 for the repackaged product.

Maybe next time you wanna place an order you just add your order to mine and pay less.