Dell 1520, Kalyway 10.5.2, Wont install! Help!

silentevil

10 posts in this topic

So,

I have downloaded and burnt Kalyway onto a dvd, at slowest speed.

It worked on my friends PC and he got everything working fine,

However it's a different story for my laptop, Dell Inspiron 1520.

2GB Ram, nVidia 8600M GT, Core2Duo 2.0ghz...

I had iATKOS running on it a few months ago but lack of drivers made me get rid of it.

So I just suspected Kalyway should work somehow?

Now, every time I try to install it, I get the screen saying hit F8 for boot options, so I do,

I have tried everything, -v -x -y cpus=1 -f -s -legacy

I have no idea what to do.

Depending on what I type in, it takes different times, but always ends up with the same result..

"com.apple.driver.ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; Use only one style"

I can provide screenshots if I haven't provided enough information?

I am really desperate, so any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Mark :)

I don't know your entiere problem !!

You use Kalyway DVD

Which release exactly ??

Your ACPI_SMC problem can be caused by bad kernel setup, can you give more info on your config and wich kernel have you choose, vanilla ??

give more info on your install and I can try to help you !!

I don't know your entiere problem !!You use Kalyway DVDWhich release exactly ??Your ACPI_SMC problem can be caused by bad kernel setup, can you give more info on your config and wich kernel have you choose, vanilla ??give more info on your install and I can try to help you !!
Hi I am quite new to this all, thanks for helping though.. because i'm new it may take a bit for me to get everything right?The release is 10.5.2... is that what you're asking?I didn't really do much config when installing... it booted up, and asked if i wanted to enter any commands (like -v -x and those kind of things) at first i tried it with nothing and that came up with the error.. I then tried the following (all by themselves, then in combinations)-v, -x, -f, -legacy, -s, they all did nothing..I also tried by typing "speedstepkernel" and got the same error, and "sleepkernel" recieved the error too. "vanillakernel" was suggested to me by someone, but that didnt even start the installation process...any ideas?thanksOh, I also tried setting my hard drive to "AHCI" instead of "ATI" when attempting the installtion.Both settings got the same error!

OK !!

Version is 10.5.2 its ok!!

If I look your post, I see that you cannot start the installation !!

Verify your MD5 checksum to know if your iso work perfectly or is damaged.

For more info on your config, you can read devilhood topic, and search ACPI problem !!

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...amp;#entry99351

You can try to install kaly with his method !! Tell me if you have problem :)

Enjoy !!

OK !!

Version is 10.5.2 its ok!!

If I look your post, I see that you cannot start the installation !!

Verify your MD5 checksum to know if your iso work perfectly or is damaged.

For more info on your config, you can read devilhood topic, and search ACPI problem !!

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...amp;#entry99351

You can try to install kaly with his method !! Tell me if you have problem :)

Enjoy !!

i still get the same errors after that :wacko:

the iso works perfectly too

wow

i have the same thing trying to start to install with kalyway 10.5.2 but no luck

I also tried setting my hard drive to "AHCI" instead of "ATI" from bios when attempting the installtion . . . but nothing

i get the same thing

"com.apple.driver.ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; Use only one style"

but for me i get one more thing "IOAPIC: 0x20 Vectors 0:23

if someone can help here

thanks

i made a video for everyone to see

have a look

lets see how everything works out

screener watching you video it looks like you might have a 1520. It is hard to tell you need to post your damn specs it is not that hard and is the only way people can help you.

If that is the case try iATKOS v1r2 it works pretty well on these systems. It can be upgraded to 10.5.2 with the kalyway combo updater and can run the 9.2.2 vanilla kernel. These are completly different from the i6400 that are a core dual not a core2 dual. There is a fix for the sound and sleep. If you have a nvidia the only problem you will have is you will need to use the power button to get it to shut down completly. If you have the intel X3100 it is a little quirky and there are some work arounds for this too.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

More than 8 months have passed after you wrote this post, but I'd like to add my personal experience in case somebody reads this post.

I have exactly the same machine as you have and I downloaded several Kalyway versions without luck.

Yesterday I tried the iATKOS v1.0i 10.5.1 9B18 Installer and at least I was able to see the installer I hope I can perform the full install this weekend. It works so well that even my bluetooth mouse worked during the install!

Regards.

Fabian Mejia

http://fabianmejia.blogspot.com

So,

I have downloaded and burnt Kalyway onto a dvd, at slowest speed.

It worked on my friends PC and he got everything working fine,

However it's a different story for my laptop, Dell Inspiron 1520.

2GB Ram, nVidia 8600M GT, Core2Duo 2.0ghz...

I had iATKOS running on it a few months ago but lack of drivers made me get rid of it.

So I just suspected Kalyway should work somehow?

Now, every time I try to install it, I get the screen saying hit F8 for boot options, so I do,

I have tried everything, -v -x -y cpus=1 -f -s -legacy

I have no idea what to do.

Depending on what I type in, it takes different times, but always ends up with the same result..

I can provide screenshots if I haven't provided enough information?

I am really desperate, so any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Mark :huh: