Ep35 ds4 or p5k-e wifi

p5k-e wifi or ep35-ds4??   

5 members have voted

1. 1. p5k-e wifi or ep35-ds4??

• ASUS P5K-E WiFi
    • GigaByte EP35-DS4

1 post in this topic

i got the credit card out and ready to buy but im torn between the p5k-e wifi and the ep35 ds4.

whats really torn me is the simple and seemingly easy guide by ~pcwiz (here) seems so simple and i cant find one equivilent for the p5k, does anyone know of one?

i really like the p5k's capability of wifi and the esata ports, but this would be my first Happle (hackintosh), and i am looking for simplicity also.

im not finding to much on the p5k but have friend who says its a pretty stable system an viking boy has a great thread.

the p5k installation seems really involved and doesnt seem to be fully working yet? ~pcwiz's guide seems like it will work with the ep35-ds4 and seems simple even with a installer! also id like to keep away form ide and stay sata form beginning to end...

arg... heres a list im looking at i would love to get it working and change this thread to be "The Simple yet Fast Hackintosh build for newbs."

heres my equipment list so far

MSI NX8800GT 512M OC GeForce (seemed to be easy install yet powerful)

mushkin 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) (mushkin has been reliable for me on my pc builds)

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz (PLANNED FOR Overclocking)

FINNALLY **( ASUS P5K-E WiFi (Versus) GigaByte EP35-DS4)*** STAY TUNED