Asus M51sn Success

Prime

16 posts in this topic

ok everyone so far this i hope helps others

Asus M51sn up and working to a point

Operating System Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium,

Processor & Cache Memory Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T9500/T9300/T8300/T8100 : 2.6 GHz - 2.1 GHz, 6/3MB On-Die L2 Cache, FSB 800 MHz;
Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T7700/T7500/T7250 : 2.4 GHz - 2.0 GHz, 4/2MB On-Die L2 Cache, FSB 800 MHz 
Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T5750/T5550/T5450/T5250 : 2.0 GHz -1.5 GHz 2MB On-Die L2 Cache, FSB 667 MHz 

Chipset Mobile Intel® PM965 Express Chipset +ICH8M 

Main Memory 3G  
Display 15.4" WXGA Resolution 1280x800, Color-Shine (Glare-type),Asus Splendid Video Intelligent Technology

Video Graphics & Memory NVIDIA® GeForce® 9500M GS, 512MB External 512MB VRAM , TurboCache: 768M with 1G system memory, 1280M with 2G system memory

Hard Drive 2.5" 9.5mm SATA 
250GB, 

Optical Drive 5.25" , 12.7mm 
Combo: 
DVD Super Multi Double Layer: 
DVD Super Multi Light Scribe
HD DVD
Blu-Ray

Card Reader 8 in 1 card reader: SD,MMC,MS,MS-Pro,mini SD w/ adapter,MS-Duo,MS-Pro Duo via adapter  
Video Camera 1.3 Mega Pixel swivel web camera

Fax/Modem/LAN/WLAN Integrated Intel® High Definition Audio chip ( Azalia) compliant MDC fax/modem and 10/100/1000 Base T
Built-in Bluetooth™ V2.0+EDR
Intel® Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN or Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection

anyway this is how far i got and how

used leo4all v3 to install with custom bios located on this page

i set hd to compatable install went just fine. after reboot it hung on cant find root device. to get around that set the hard drive back to enhanced in bios.

i still have other issues like no wireless and usb, bluetooth works fine. as does firewire. says if found fingerprint scanner and audio although ihave yet to try them no ethernet. im going to try to get farther. If anyone has questions ill be sure to do what i can to answer them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Hi, I've got iDeneb 1.3 10.5.5 installed on my Asus M51Sn, has anyone found a way to get the wireless card to work? What solutions are you using?

Thanks in advance...

Same, need Wireless drivers

Working on the audio solution.

Asus M51Sn: iDeneb 1.3 OSX Leopard 10.5.5 install on External HD, no dual boot.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thepacha/2971...in/photostream/

2971435557_240e03cebe_b.jpg

• 1 month later...
Hi, I've got iDeneb 1.3 10.5.5 installed on my Asus M51Sn, has anyone found a way to get the wireless card to work? What solutions are you using?

Thanks in advance...

Hi,

at this moment there isn't solution for our wifi card. But we have wifi card on mini pcie slot!!!

So we can try Broadcom mini pcie BCM94321. It's simple to open laptop and change the mini pci card.

eBay, 20 euro from Honk Hong.

edit:

9500m gs QE CI in leo 10.5.5

THe KinG efi string (com.apple.boot.plist) from

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=118625

with aqua-mac driver

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=132089

and

• 1 month later...

I'm looking online. Found this laptop for 680$, and I'm gonna buy it.

I can afford to spend 20$ and get a new wireless card if that's the only issue. :P

So you have to flash the bios for this model? What else doesn't work in it? Does it run Vanilla? Guessing it does, since it's a Core2.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks in advance...

Hi I have one small question,

I tried iDeneb on this laptop but it hangs on boot,

did you use the modified bios? I have 3Gb of RAM.

What was the options you selected on install?

• 2 months later...
Hi I have one small question,

I tried iDeneb on this laptop but it hangs on boot,

did you use the modified bios? I have 3Gb of RAM.

What was the options you selected on install?

Alexandru,

Sorry for the long delay in my response. You do need the modified BIOS for this to work. I've only tried iDeneb 1.3 (OS X 10.5.5). It works like a peach! Your amount of RAM should be fine, I'm using 4GB in mine, works great. I'm currently working on a Boot 132 method of running this system. I'm hoping to get it working tonight. If you need help with anything let me know.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
Alexandru,

Sorry for the long delay in my response. You do need the modified BIOS for this to work. I've only tried iDeneb 1.3 (OS X 10.5.5). It works like a peach! Your amount of RAM should be fine, I'm using 4GB in mine, works great. I'm currently working on a Boot 132 method of running this system. I'm hoping to get it working tonight. If you need help with anything let me know.

Thanks!

Hi guys,... i have this same laptop and i was wondering if you could tell me what OS X installation i should you ->iPC, iDeneb, etc

and please what drivers and kext and fixs should i use when customizing the setup options

thank you for any kind of help,..

• 2 months later...

Ok, follks!

So... I finnaly installed iDeneb 10.5.7 ( I know 1058 lite is already out, but it's still... lite).

The installation went fine except for a couple of things:

1. BIOS needs patching (see the above link)

2. Installer can't see your hard drive. You can solve this by changing the BIOS - HDD setting to compatible. After instalation, change it back to Enhanced.

3. When formatting a partition, mac will set the "boot" flag to it. You need a linux live cd to fix it.

4. Chameleon did not install. Well.. actualy it did, but it just didn't boot. The funny thing is, on the second install try, I selected NOT to install chameleon, made GRUB boot the MAC-OS and surprize... GRUB started.... chameleon. :)

And chameleon can start both Windows and MAC-OS.... That's just wack!

5 I did not install the sound drivers at first. (should work with ALC660VD from the start)

The options used at install were:

- kernel: Vanilla

- video: NVinjectGO 512MB

- lan: I really don't remember at this time :dev:

- no boot loader since I used GRUB.

For the wireless adapter, I was wondering if anyone tried theese:

http://code.google.com/p/iwidarwin/

They claim to have ported the drivers for:

PROSet/Wireless 4965a/g/n OS X 10.5

I'll try them and let you know if it worked.

Here is a "boot" archive containing all the files on the GRUB partition to get grub working with MAC OS

http://rapidshare.com/files/275891614/boot.tar.gz.html

You will need to edit menu.lst and grub.config to match your partitions.

After installing iDeneb, just boot back with a linux live cd, install grub, mount your grub partition, copy the contents of your archive without overwrite, edit the specified files as stated above and enter the grub console. Then:

root (hd0,1) => 0= hdd number, 1=your windows partition

setup (hd0,1)

should work after reboot