Where do you want to install Mac OS X?

4 posts in this topic

that's what i get. i'm trying to install using the zephyroth dvd.

i have an approx. 78.? GB C: drive with vista on it (NTFS), and an approx. 70.? GB E: drive that i made FAT32. i created the E: with partition manager from www.partition-manager.com. it's pretty cool ;)

when i was trying to put kalyway in, it at least recognized the two drives :P

so what happens right now with my drive C: and E: configuration when i try to install zephyroth is:

i boot the dvd

i do it in -v mode so i can see wtf is going on

somewhere during the PS/2 controller stuff it says "AppleNForceATA: :scanForDrives found 1 units"

then a little later it says something to the effect of AppleNForceATA: :NForce MCP(?) by MeDevil...etc etc, so i'm assuming it is recognizing my chipset and stuff.

then it goes through some ethernet stuff

and some more stuff

AND THEN...

it says "AppleNForceATA: :scanForDrives found 0 units"

and then it boots and boots

and then the Mac OS X install screen comes up

i select a language, etc, etc

then it says "Select a Destination", "Where do you want to install Mac OS X?"

and it gives me NO CHOICES! :unsure:

help please? :censored2:

OH and i can get into vista, so if i need to redo the hdd somehow, tell me please :)

PS. pretty sure my hard drive is sata?

Use diskutilities(menu option after you have clicked NEXT) during the setup to format the partition HFS+ otherwise it will not see it!

SticMAN

I tried that :excl: absolutely nothing shows up in the Disk Utility during installation, but I know what you're talking about! :lol:

I did that during the kaly installation (wrong dvd for my machine, that's why i'm putting zephyroth in).

Any ideas? I don't know why it's not recognizing the drives.

bump+edit

i just tried leo4all...it doesn't recognize the drives either.

so here's a summary:

out of kalyway, zephyroth, and leo4all,

KALYWAY is the only one that recognizes my drives. however, after i install kalyway, the boot hangs at "unknown SIGSEGV 0" or whatever it is. i've searched the forum for help on that (and this problem as well) and i can't really find anything that helps.

someone must know something i can try.