Anyone able to offer assistance?...

davejones

9 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have an onboard AD1988B soundcard, but every time I install either AppleAzalia.pkg or Taruga's AD1988b installer rev 3, the sound works straight away but after a reboot the audio disappears (icon & entries under Built-In Audio)

I have repaired permissions on \System\Library\Extensions and cleared all the kext caches, but it still keeps happening.

Thank you for your time & advise.

sounds to me like there's another audio kext in there that's initializing either instead of or before the one you just installed. Look for other audio kexts and move them to a different location or change their name, perhaps that will help.

Thanks nonetheless mate, would you mind posting a list of the kext's in your folder that way I can compare maybe?Don't worry if you cant, your advise was still appreciated.

Actually the only thing I can find that looks suspect after I ran "kextstat" in Terminal is:

65 0 0x2de71000 0x4000 0x3000 com.apple.driver.AudioIPCDriver (1.0.4) <64 6 5 4 2>

Not quite sure though?...

Cheers,

davejones

well, in my Extensions folder, I have the following audio related kexts (at least, all the ones I THINK are audio related):

ALCinject.kext

Apple02Audio.kext

AppleFWAudio.kext

AppleHDA.kext

AppleOnboardAudio.kext

AudioDeviceTreeUpdater.kext

AudioIPCDriver.kext

IOAudioFamily.kext

VirtualAudioDriver.kext