help! leopard hangs up during boot =(

3 posts in this topic

Okay so I just installed the Kalyway 10.5.2 & I have it dual booting with Vista.

Well, I'm trying to boot Leopard for the first time.

It doesn't matter what mode I try to boot in (-v, -x, normal, even w/ dvd), it hangs up. The last line the verbose boot shows is "unknown SIGSEGV code 0" ...and then it's just chillin'..doing a whole lot of NOTHING.

wtf?

Should I go ahead and repair the Vista installation and use EasyBCD or what?

I don't wanna kill Leopard before I get a chance to fix it.

Thanks -_-

EDIT: So I can't just fix Vista because I only have the Recovery CD, not the Installation CD. Stupid me.

AND I've tried -legacy too. Nothing.

First thing....

you gotta put your machine specs in your signature! Don't just say its a dell or something! People like to know the chipsets etc. Some guys will get this OS running on a toaster if they could! :D

Then, you need to give a clearer description of the fault, is this error during installation, after or once you have done updates? -_-

AND

if you bothered to search...

Looking for "unknown SIGSEGV code 0 insanelymac" on google gave more than 40 replies, one of these:

"Mar 29 2008, 01:05 AM I had this problem with LEO4ALL after install. But then i used another distro and it worked."

SticMAN

"Help us HELP YOU!"

edit:

you have a: Microprocessor 1.8 GHz AMD Turion ™ 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL-56

so you will have to get a "distro" that supports AMD not Intel!!!

First thing....

you gotta put your machine specs in your signature! Don't just say its a dell or something! People like to know the chipsets etc. Some guys will get this OS running on a toaster if they could! :D

Then, you need to give a clearer description of the fault, is this error during installation, after or once you have done updates? -_-

AND

if you bothered to search...

Looking for "unknown SIGSEGV code 0 insanelymac" on google gave more than 40 replies, one of these:

"Mar 29 2008, 01:05 AM I had this problem with LEO4ALL after install. But then i used another distro and it worked."

SticMAN

"Help us HELP YOU!"

edit:

you have a: Microprocessor 1.8 GHz AMD Turion ™ 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL-56

so you will have to get a "distro" that supports AMD not Intel!!!

Ughhh alright. Zephyroth supports AMD right?

& thanks :)

Yeah. This is immediately after installation. I just got it all installed after waiting HOURS :D and I can't even boot it.