Progress finally! "Working" Leopard install - but I could still use some help with stuff if anyone's so inclined.

Toaster777

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

With some help from igotjshoe I managed to get Leopard booting on my system, which is great (Leo4all V3, vanilla 9.2.0, Old ACPI platform). However, I do have some issues that I'm hoping you guys can help me out with.

First, my system specs again:

System - HP Pavilion Elite m9150f

Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4 GHz

Intel G33 Express

Asus IPIBL-LB (HP/Compaq motherboard name: Benicia-GL8E)

3GB PC-5300 667MHz

16x Dual Layer DVD+/- RW with LightScribe

2.4x HD DVD-ROM drive

Wireless LAN 802.11 b/g - driver shows as Ralink 3.1.4.0 in Vista

256MB DDR3 nVidia GeForce 8600GT

Hauppage TV tuner card with FM tuner

Realtek ALC 888S integrated High Definition Audio

Realtek RTL8168C/8111C PCI-e gigabit ethernet adapter

USB infrared remote

1 - I can only boot into OS X using the CPUS=1 flag. Is there any way to fix this? I have a core2quad Q6600 and I'd love to be able to use all (or at least 2 ) of my cores.

2 - I have no sound. I installed the realtek drivers from the DVD, but they don't seem to work. Any ideas how I can correct this?

3 - My wireless NIC doesn't work. I was hoping it would show up as an AirPort connection, but no luck. Any idea what kind of driver I can use for this? I tried the USB wireless driver, but it didn't seem to detect it.

4 - When I restart my computer from OS X, it sort of shuts down, but never actually reboots or powers off. It just goes to a black screen and stays there. Is this "normal" for a Hackintosh?

5 - My method for installing the drivers was to rerun the Leo4All install and then uncheck everything but the drivers I wanted to install. Is there a better way to do this? Preferably from within OS X?

Thanks in advance for all help.