It Works!....Well Mostly

iHack

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I managed to get my pc converted into a hackintosh and am very pleased, but I have one issue that is leaving me stumped. After getting everything working, Im having an issue with my video card. I have the resolution I want, but everything seems slow and choppy, scrolling thru webpages, moving windows on the desktop etc. I think the problem is with the fact that I used some different installers until I got the video card to give me the resolution I wanted, but I notice on boot, that im getting more than one video kext loading. Is there anyway to safely remove kexts that I dont need? or am I taking the wrong approach to this and should format and reinstall with the drivers that I know work?

Thanks

Ed

I reformatted my pc and reinstalled with the drivers that I knew worked. Everything works including sleep. This is simply awesome! Thank you to everyone who worked so hard to make this work.

Ed

Congratulations! As you found out, there's no substitute for trying different things until you get it to work, like with your graphics card. Now get ready for a hundred script kiddies who will want to know step-by-step and key-by-key what you did to make it work!