Port Forwarding For XBOX Live?

7 posts in this topic

Supposedly there is some code I can type in terminal to forward ports to my xbox from my mac. I am using Internet sharing from my wireless to my ethernet, and I get a moderate NAT on xbox Live. I want to know if I can get UDP 88, 3074 and TCP 3074 from my router to my xbox. I know how to port forward from my router to my mac. I can use terminal but I'll need exact commands.

Set-up:

Router: IP 192.168.1.1

v

Mac: Wireless IP 192.168.1.107(it changes, but I can make it static)

Ethernet IP 192.168.2.1(IP is disabled and this is the default)

v

XBOX IP 192.168.2.2

Mac version is Tiger, if that matters.

Thanks in advance.

If there's anyway to make it act like a network bridge does on Windows that would be awesome. Then we don't have to deal with port forwarding.

Yeah, this is really easy by logging into your router interface. You do that by putting your router's ip address in URL bar of your browser (ie 192.168.1.1).

Go HERE and select your router, then scroll down to Xbox Live, and follow the directions.

Also, if you have a DSL or Cable Modem in front of your router, you have to double port forward by configuring that also. That can get complicated and a pain, but unless you brigde the connection (I think that is what it is called, where the modem just gets the signal and sends the external IP address to the router), it will still show moderate or strict.

As a side note, it took me about 2 weeks of tinkering on and off to get my Xbox 360 to show Open. What a major pain in the ass...

Well, then, couldn't you just forward the port to your Mac, and bridge the connection? I would have to say that would be the easiest method.

On a side note. Getting the Xbox 360 to read "Open" on NAT is a huge pain in the ass. I have heard so many horror stories of people buying new routers, wireless adapters, and even switching service providers (I did not say all of these people were computer intelligent). With that said, I would simplify the process as much as possible. A 75' Ethernet cable off of eBay is usually less than $10 USD and probably has the distance to run through your home from your router to your Xbox 360. It is a decent solution (especially if you know how to hide the cable), and is a hell of a lot cheaper than a $99 USD Xbox 360 Wireless adapter.

Then you could just forward the port to your 360 and be done with it.

I'm moving in three months and will be able to use ethernet, until than I cannot. I can switch over to Windows XP thanks to boot camp and have open NAT thanks to Network Bridge, but we like OS X. I am looking for a software-based solution strictly.

I'm moving in three months and will be able to use ethernet, until than I cannot. I can switch over to Windows XP thanks to boot camp and have open NAT thanks to Network Bridge, but we like OS X. I am looking for a software-based solution strictly.

Sorry then, I got no solution for you (and no grammer skillz obviously :P).

Good Luck, and if you come up with something, please post the solution, it will probably help others out also.