nvidia question newbie

tzurs

3 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

I've successfully installed leopard on my laptop (hp dv9000 intel based, the exact model is dv9260 I think),

I'll spare you the steps I've gone through but in general I'm amazed It actually works, almost perfectly.

I've also installed the KalywayIntelCombo10.5.2 because I wanted to run Xcode for iphone.

Anyhow,

I'm very happy with the setup, the whole system is on an external usb drive which I can plug and boot as I wish.

My problem is that my laptop is also connected to an external display, and it is not detected at all. The funny thing is that before

the mac loads, I see the apple logo on both the laptop lcd and the external display.

Now, I've tried to read though the searches about this issue with graphics cards, as far as I know my laptop has a nice NVidia GeForce 7600.

When I look at the system info, It says:

Chipset Model: Unknown nVidia

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0398

Revision ID: 0x00a1

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1440 x 900

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

Display Connector:

My question.

Can someone explain is simple words (I've ran into many terms like NvInject and kext and all sort of things I'm not sure I fully understand) what I can try to make it recognize the external display?

There is a graphics update waiting in the system updates but I have not selected it because I've read around my searches it may fail the system.

I know its annoying for the pro's here to answer us "thick" heads but if you do, please try to explain in simple words, because its so frustrating to read an answer and not at all understand it... :-)

thanx in advance,

--tzurs