P5B Deluxe Anybody? Whats your best working install and how did you do it?

mawsoccer

1 post in this topic

I'm getting ready to do my second install of Leopard on my PC. I will list specs further down in the post, but obviously I have a P5B Deluxe.

My current setup was doing using a personally BrazilMac patched retail leopard disc. (Yes I actually bought Leopard)

Most things are working excellent but there are a few querks for me. I know a couple of them could be fixed fairly easily, but I'm ready for a new install and I'm eager to give these new Kalyway and iATKOS installs a try.

Here are a couple problems I am having:

1. Adobe programs crash immediately when they attempt to startup. (I just ran Adobe Updater to get all updates today but that did not fix the problem.)(I know this has something to do with the kernal but I would like to reinstall everything anyway.)(YES I also ACTUALLY paid for my Adobe as well.)

2. My case's top USB ports do not work. (TT Armor)

3. I am deathly afraid of installing the Leopard 10.5.1 and 10.5.2 combo update.

4. I can't shut down properly. The best way around this that I have found is to choose restart and then press my power button when I hear the post beep and see the blue ASUS screen.

I'm hoping all or at least most of these problems will be fixed or somewhat easily fixable with my new install.

Anybody know the best way to run as natively as possible on this mobo? (i.e. Un patched retail DVD & non patched updates)

Okay, so unless I hear something drastic about my question above, I plan to either use the new iATKOS 2.0 installer or the latest Kalyway installer. Both are 10.5.2, so I won't have any updates right away, but I'd rather not have to worry about installing 10.5.3 straight from Apple's software update if that is possible.

Anybody have a preference for either of the above. Any P5B Deluxe owners out their with glorious success stories ... Post em here first!

Install may take place as early as Tuesday May 20th. I'll keep you posted as far as my decisions and my install progress.

Specs:

Asus P5B-Deluxe

E6600 - L631A383 (Not OC'ed right now)

eVGA 256MB 8600GT Superclocked

2 x 1GB Ballistix DDR2-1066

Samsung 18X SATA DVDRW Combo

Seagate 320GB 7200.10 SATA 3.0

Thermaltake Armor Black Tower case w/ 25 cm Fan

OCZ GameXtreme 600W PSU