Touchpad scrolling

ChocolateJeff

4 posts in this topic

Ok as the topic says, the touch pad scrolling in boot camp with the latest update is beyond horrible. Try Scrolling in a txt file and you'll understand. I don't know what is going on, the first beta I used from the apple website worked splendid, the other versions after that just got worse and worse.. am I the only one experiencing this??I'm using Windows Vista Ultimate and I'd hate to use a mouse all the time. Prior to updating my boot camp drivers to the latest version from Apple Software Update, I used the drivers from Leopard's install disk and I found a "method" of scrolling with minimal randomness. (only move one finger while the other stays put) but with the update from apple, I can't do that anymore, everything gets super messed up and it is just a horrible experience, THE only application that doesn't seem to have this problem is... safari for windows (surprise.. ==")NOT COOL APPLE!!So I was wondering if anyone has just the track pad drivers from the betas of Boot Camp that works great for vista in a regular 2.16 Ghz Macbook. THANK YOU! Cheersupdate:I found something interesting as I explored more.. for windows explorer and txt files I have to scroll the OPPOsite direction to move the up or down (eg scroll up to go down and vice versa) this is weird, pdf files seems fine, IE seems fine (just buggy), Office seems fine... just Windows explorer i guess :) THIS IS WEIRD is there something wrong with the driver or software? I'm not sure now..

I noticed the same annoying issues with boot camp in Vista Ultimate x64 on my ... well returned MacBook Pro. I too discovered that it was better to hold one finger in place while scrolling with the other one. After i updated boot camp drivers the system would scroll out of control. It was one of many reasons I chose to return the MBP and will be getting a Mac Pro tower instead. I think it was done by Apple to annoy anyone using windows on their Mac.

• 2 weeks later...