keyboard not working after uninstall

kurosh

3 posts in this topic

I used the program with bootcamp 1.x. Worked fine. I upgraded to bootcamp 2.1. It started doing some funky things with the fn button, so I uninstalled it. After the reboot, my keyboard no longer works. Trackpad works. USB connected keyboard does not work. I can't log into windows obviously because of this. Please tell me there is something I can do besides reinstall windows. I don't have the time to find a copy of windows and backup all my data and do this {censored}.god I am so pissed off. It's going to take me at least 4 hours to backup everything, reinstall windows, reinstall all of my programs and set the preferences to what I like.god I am so pissed off. It's going to take me at least 4 hours to backup everything, reinstall windows, reinstall all of my programs and set the preferences to what I like.

I don't think its necessary to reinstall windows. It seems like InputRemapper was registered as HID driver replacing the default keyboard handler and with the uninstall of InputRemapper the default keyboard handler wasn't restored. You just need to find a way to reassign the old driver.

Are you able to boot windows in safe mode (press F8 just before windows attempts to start)? if yes- in Handware Device Manager, open keyboard subtree and find something that looks like your keyboard driver and do "Update Driver.." it should reinstall the default driver.

If keyboard is not responding in Safe Mode either, you can try to run System restore from the Windows Boot CD and recover one of the previous good system configuration snapshots.

Hello,I am having the same problem. Input Remapper has disabled my MBP's fn-ctrl-alt-apple keys so I cannot log in except through an external USB keyboard. I tried uninstalling but that didn't work. Neither did reinstalling. Also tried updating the driver for the keyboard or rolling it back, but that didn't work. One post suggested swapping macbookpro.dat for settings.dat but neither of those files exist on my BootCamp partition/WinXP install.Input Mapper should return the default settings when you uninstall it.Running BootCamp and 10.5.x (whatever is current as of May 20, 2008... .2 I think)I will try booting from the WindowsXP install disc tonight and see if that helps.This solved the problem for me:http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=43983Just downloaded and re-installed the Apple Keyboard driver (which should also be inside a package in the BootCamp installer). YMMV.Rich