3 hard drives, Vista, Xp, and trying to get OSX.

4 posts in this topic

So i have 3 hds, one has vista, one has XP, and i tried to install OSX on the the 3rd hard drive, and did so, but after i installed, i tried to boot into vista or xp, but they failed, and i tried to repair from the cd, but no dice. So if i unhook the 2 windows hds while i install osx on to the third, will i be able to boot back into them once i hook them back up? I don't have any boot software, i choose my os by what hd to boot from. thanks guys.

some one please?

Im not an expert, but i think you can try to recover your Vista, and install EasyBCD in Vista, or boot with Acronis bootable CD and install OS Selector. Acronis dont need any OS is running to Boot.

Im not an expert, but i think you can try to recover your Vista, and install EasyBCD in Vista, or boot with Acronis bootable CD and install OS Selector. Acronis dont need any OS is running to Boot.

I tried that stuff, but it demoed the whole partion, but it could have been my fault.

All i want to know is if i unhook my harddrives while i install OSX if i can boot back into vista when im done, because for some reason last time it nuked the whole thing, even though i installed it on a different disk.