Kalyway 10.5.2 installation freezes at 4 minutes remaining

chipwizz

8 posts in this topic

I have downloaded Kalyway 10.5.2 iso image. Burned the iso to DVD. Installation detects all the partitions available on my SATA HDD. Formated one of the 20GB partition with journled file system. Installation goes quite ok till the 4 minutes remaining and freezes there. I tried lots of combinations in package selection and also tried to reinstall on same partition without changing it, but not able to move ahead of the 4 minutes remaining mark. My system configuration is as under...

Processor:AMD Athlon 64 3200+

Motherboard:A8N-VM CSM

Network:onboard nforce 430

Grphics:onboard nvidia 6150

Audio: Onboard

RAM: 512MB

HDD:Hitachi SATA 80GB (20GB partiotn for osx installation)

Please guide me in case i am missing anything or if it is the know problem, is there any way to overcome the same.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey, I am new to this and I have search the entire forum but no one has any answers to this problem. I have tried to install this OS more than 30 times with the same results ...

I have:

AMD 64 processor binary SS2

SATA HDD

SAMSUNG DVD player (IDE) Primary boot

GeForce video card 128 MB DDR

I am using:

Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd.iso

1) I get through the install screen 2) I erase disk and 3) Customize 4) Start install THEN:

The install goes through for about 30 minutes and then get stuck, freezes, just at 4 minutes remaining. I have tried tinkering with the patches, drivers in the customize folder nothing worked. I left the install over night to see if it was just a slow process in installation but no luck. I have tried rebooting in safe mode (-x), Verbose (-v) but no luck.

So, Can anyone offer some solutions???

Please! :)

you ever have any luck??? i'm having same issue on with a M2N-SLI Deluxe/nforce 570 chipset - thing is i had already had it installed once before and was redoing it :/

Hey, I am new to this and I have search the entire forum but no one has any answers to this problem. I have tried to install this OS more than 30 times with the same results ...

I have:

AMD 64 processor binary SS2

SATA HDD

SAMSUNG DVD player (IDE) Primary boot

GeForce video card 128 MB DDR

I am using:

Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd.iso

1) I get through the install screen 2) I erase disk and 3) Customize 4) Start install THEN:

The install goes through for about 30 minutes and then get stuck, freezes, just at 4 minutes remaining. I have tried tinkering with the patches, drivers in the customize folder nothing worked. I left the install over night to see if it was just a slow process in installation but no luck. I have tried rebooting in safe mode (-x), Verbose (-v) but no luck.

So, Can anyone offer some solutions???

Please! :P

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys I just wanted to let you know I also have the same problem. I have a Toshiba A135 laptop. It has a duo core, 512 MB RAM, Atheros wireless, SATA, etc. I've tried since Jas 10.4.8 to find an installation that would find my hard driver and this is the only version of leopard at dvd startup that has working audio, wireless and finds my hard drive but no matter how I try when it reaches either 6, 5 or once 2 minutes left it freezes and it's really too bad. I am very serious lacing all my machines with macs but I can't afford any yet and I need intel ones so that I can do development. So I wish I could find a version that I could at least play around with and get used to. The last time I used macs was back when system 6 was around and then again when os 9 and os x first came out. So if anyone has any good results or suggestions it would greatly appreciated.

Thanks all

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...