stuck at "reboot" splash

christiand

2 posts in this topic

I installed Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD vanilla kernel. Everything was cool. Most of it worked out of the box, or with simple kext installation. But shutdown/restart would hang every single time. So I ventured to update the kernel, using the auto installer thing put together by PcWiz and now when i boot i get that dark grey splash screen telling me to reboot before i can even load the OS.

I put in the DVD again and ran the disk utility to repair permissions and it doesn't give me the dark grey overlay screen, but it just hangs at that same screen (all grey with grey apple) and a little circle with line through it appears at the top of the apple (like in no smoking ads and such)

I can't with any of the parameters ( -f -s -x)

-v gives me a bunch of lines throughout

"com.apple.driver.appleacpiplatform" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.

and a similar thing, but with itunesphonedriver having no explicit kernel dependency

couldn't alloc class "JMicronATAPCIRoot"

I've been searching these forums for 2 days and found quite a few people with the same problem, but they didn't state their solutions (if there were any).

I don't know how to change the kernel without being able to boot into OSX

I'm also not very handy with the terminal

my rig is:

GB p35-ds3p

8800GT 512

i have vista running off a 160GB SATA2, AHCI is disabled

OSX is on a 120GB IDE, GUID

the darwin bootloader seemed to have shuved itself in there, so even when i try to explicitly boot to my vista drive, darwin appears and it won't boot the foreign OS!! Thankfully i have a laptop to write to this forum

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Christian