Leo4ALLv3 'waiting for root device' after install

3 posts in this topic

So I've been searching through the forums looking for a straight answer for about an hour, but I can't find anything. I'm a complete noob at this stuff, and I was so excited when I finally got it to start installing.

The OS installed in about 15 minutes fine, and it was restarting.

When it came up to the boot sequence with all the words, after a while of waiting, it said 'waiting for root device'. This happens only when the DVD is in the drive.

When the DVD is out of the drive, the message saying 'No Boot Device Found' with SATA 1 and 2 installed is given on the top left corner.

I simply want a straight answer on how to finally boot into Leopard because I've been waiting for this for a really long time. Also, any help on how to inject the kexts for fixing the install would be great.

I have a Dell Inspiron 530 with an AMD 4400+ X2 processor in it, if that matters(I think it does.)

Thanks in advance for anyone that helps.

So I've been searching through the forums looking for a straight answer for about an hour, but I can't find anything. I'm a complete noob at this stuff, and I was so excited when I finally got it to start installing.

The OS installed in about 15 minutes fine, and it was restarting.

When it came up to the boot sequence with all the words, after a while of waiting, it said 'waiting for root device'. This happens only when the DVD is in the drive.

When the DVD is out of the drive, the message saying 'No Boot Device Found' with SATA 1 and 2 installed is given on the top left corner.

I simply want a straight answer on how to finally boot into Leopard because I've been waiting for this for a really long time. Also, any help on how to inject the kexts for fixing the install would be great.

I have a Dell Inspiron 530 with an AMD 4400+ X2 processor in it, if that matters(I think it does.)

Thanks in advance for anyone that helps.

It happened to my when my bios config was in AHCI. I put IDE and bum! Boot runs ok.

Hope it helps.