Mac Pro video issue

1 post in this topic

I just got my mac pro with an ATi Radeon HD 2600 XT 256MB GDDR3 SDRAM PCI Express x16, now here is my issue, please bare in mind that this is my first Mac Pro but not my first mac since i have a macbook pro too:I have 2x samsung 22 inch wide screen monitors, i connected them via dvi to the mac and i get a max resolution of 1600 x 1050.How can this be? I get a max of 1600 x 1200 on my win machine runnin a crapy 128mb generic card!!I have no idea how to solve this issue or if this actually the max resolution i should be getting. Is the resolution restricted by the monitor or the video card?If anybody has any ideas, or has a mac pro and can share their configuration i would really appriciate it.

I just got my mac pro with an ATi Radeon HD 2600 XT 256MB GDDR3 SDRAM PCI Express x16, now here is my issue, please bare in mind that this is my first Mac Pro but not my first mac since i have a macbook pro too:I have 2x samsung 22 inch wide screen monitors, i connected them via dvi to the mac and i get a max resolution of 1600 x 1050.How can this be? I get a max of 1600 x 1200 on my win machine runnin a crapy 128mb generic card!!I have no idea how to solve this issue or if this actually the max resolution i should be getting. Is the resolution restricted by the monitor or the video card?If anybody has any ideas, or has a mac pro and can share their configuration i would really appriciate it.
never mind my monitors only support that as a max resolution (weird that i can push it to 1600 x1200 on windows)