unable to drag and drop

ailsa

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've ran out of space on my HD so am having a massive clearup operation, however this is impossible as i can't drag (or drop) ANY folders/documents/whatever!!

I've no idea how this started, although, i fear it could be something to do with my 3yo son playing on the computer ://

Is there a standard way to enable DnD? If there is I haven't been able to find it!

Many thanks

Ailsa :wacko:

This could be a problem related to your user account.

If you have multiple users on your computer, try if you can drag and drop in a different user account. (If not, create another user and try this). If this works, copy your folders from one account to another.

If this is not a problem, maybe you need to clean your cache. The easiest way to clean it is to use an app called Onyx.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Whalid

Hi,

I've ran out of space on my HD so am having a massive clearup operation, however this is impossible as i can't drag (or drop) ANY folders/documents/whatever!!

I've no idea how this started, although, i fear it could be something to do with my 3yo son playing on the computer ://

Is there a standard way to enable DnD? If there is I haven't been able to find it!

Many thanks

Ailsa :)

Once in awhile when I reboot I can't open anything on my desktop or drag and drop to it. I don't know if this could be your problem but I log off and back on and it will go back to normal.

By the way my 3 year old daughter changed my mac drive from Mac to +. :rolleyes: